• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

SUPERAntiSpyware - Incorrectly Reported as Out-Of-Date

Started by Richard, March 31, 2018, 07:52:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

Hi,

I have the latest version - SUPERAntiSpyware 6.0.1258 installed.  However, PMPC incorrectly says I have version 6.0.1254 installed and is out-of-date.  I am using Windows 7 and the last update for SUPERAntiSpyware was done through SUPERAntiSpyware itself.

Thanks.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Check the uninstall tab in Patch My PC. You probably have two versions listed.

Richard

SUPERAntiSpyware is only listed once in the Uninstall tab of PMPC Updater - showing version 6.0.1254.  However, when SUPERAntiSpyware is run it says I'm using 6.0.1258.  Perhaps SUPERAntiSpyware did not update the DisplayVersion number when the latest version was released?

Richard

Please see this link:

http://forums.superantispyware.com/index.php?/topic/4703-sas-5-incorrect-version-number-displayed-in-control-panel-programs-and-features/

It is old, but I noticed this comment:

"The add/remove programs always lists the initial version of the software you installed as the uninstaller is created from that original installation."

If this is still true, it would mean that PMPC Updater would always see an old version as being installed as this version number will stay the same - even when the app is updated.  Is this correct?