• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

FileZilla Client 3.58.0 download fails 403

Started by MTREICHLER, March 08, 2022, 10:03:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MTREICHLER

Anyone running into issues with latest "FileZilla Client 3.58.0" getting a 403 error on download when try to import via "WSUS Package Publisher"
I dug up what I think are URLs download from which work fine in a browser.

https://download.filezilla-project.org/client/FileZilla_3.58.0_win32-setup.exe
https://download.filezilla-project.org/client/FileZilla_3.58.0_win64-setup.exe

Thanks in advance

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

Hello,

This is weird, I was able to test it with my own instance of SCUP and the download worked fine. I have a feeling that there is some sort of bot protection on that link that may be preventing you from downloading the software via WSUS Package Publisher. I've not used that software before, but is there a way to reference a local file?

MTREICHLER

Quote from: Andrew Jimenez on March 08, 2022, 01:28:36 PM
I've not used that software before, but is there a way to reference a local file?

Yes - Patches like AnyConnect and TeamViewer that obtain patch files from \\localhost\PatchMyPCRepository import fine in WPP. 

I was thinking you could download them locally and change the download location to that local path as a workaround.

You said they worked fine in a browser, which browser were you using to download? Can you try in Internet Explorer? I expect WPP is using .NET for the downloads which uses the IE engine. It may be an issue with IE downloading the file specifically.

MTREICHLER

I don't see a way to change the per patch source location in WPP. 

I used Internet Explorer to test.   The WPP dev DCourtel still at PatchMyPC?  Maybe some insight to what is occurring. 

I did manage to use a workaround to get patches imported.   

1. Download FileZilla_3.58.0_win32-setup.exe & FileZilla_3.58.0_win64-setup.exe to \\localhost\PatchMyPCRepository
2. Grabbed & extracted latest "PatchMyPC.cab"
3. Modified 94c08616-b308-4fc5-9db5-e95f30d6b980.sdp OrginUri=\\localhost\PatchMyPCRepository\FileZilla_3.58.0_win32-setup.exe
4. Modified 47dd53d9-2725-4d9a-83b4-f9df8078e5a1.sdp OrginUri=\\localhost\PatchMyPCRepository\FileZilla_3.58.0_win64-setup.exe
5. Modified PatchMyPC.xml OrginUri=\\localhost\PatchMyPCRepository\FileZilla_3.58.0_win32-setup.exe
5. Modified PatchMyPC.xml OrginUri=\\localhost\PatchMyPCRepository\FileZilla_3.58.0_win64-setup.exe
6. Created new CAB
7. Imported updates from new CAB

Thanks,

That is definitely a workaround. I've asked David if OriginURI can be modified with WPP.

David Courtel (Patch My PC)

Hi MTREICHLER, thank you for pointing this out. I've updated WPP to account for this situation. Going forward it should be able to download from such websites.