• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Zoom installer throwing error

Started by ezuniga, October 09, 2019, 08:53:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ezuniga

Hi,

I've got Zoom 4.5.5422 throwing an error when trying to install.  0x667(1639)

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

It looks like you may be ussing a custom command line?

Running update file: ZoomInstallerFull.msi  with argument: REBOOT=ReallySuppress ZSSOHOST="insperity" ZConfig="nogoogle=1;nofacebook=1;recordpath=%USERPROFILE%\Downloads;kCmdParam_InstallOption=8 /lv* C:\windows\ccm\logs\PatchMyPCInstallLogs\ZoomInstallerFull.msi.log

The error code is 1639 and the = Invalid command line argument. Consult the Windows Installer SDK for detailed command line help.

I expect this has to do with you custom command line.

Quote from: ezuniga on October 09, 2019, 08:53:04 AM
Hi,

I've got Zoom 4.5.5422 throwing an error when trying to install.  0x667(1639)

ezuniga

Not sure why it wouldn't work.  It has worked in the past and when I run the command line manually against the MSI, it runs with no problem.

ZConfig="nogoogle=1;nofacebook=1;recordpath=%USERPROFILE%\Downloads;kCmdParam_InstallOption=8

It looks like you don't close your double quote.

Quote from: ezuniga on October 09, 2019, 10:18:32 AM
Not sure why it wouldn't work.  It has worked in the past and when I run the command line manually against the MSI, it runs with no problem.

ezuniga

I do have the quote closed.  When I go to the option to Modify command line, it shows it closed.  When I go into the log, it doesn't have the closing quote.

Can you screenshot the command in the package.xml in the app source folder from the deployment type?

Quote from: ezuniga on October 09, 2019, 10:33:49 AM
I do have the quote closed.  When I go to the option to Modify command line, it shows it closed.  When I go into the log, it doesn't have the closing quote.

ezuniga

Here you go.

Weird I don't even see the custom command line-listed. Can you run a sync and see if it's modified? If not, can you delete the app from SCCM + Source and have it re-create it? Was it a software update that maybe attempted the update in the files you sent?

How to Delete Applications Created by Patch My PC in SCCM - https://patchmypc.com/how-to-delete-applications-created-by-patch-my-pc-in-sccm

ezuniga

I deleted the application, followed the instructions, still a no go.

Could you please send the settings.xml from the <InstallDir> of the publishing service via https://patchmypc.com/technical-support?

Quote from: ezuniga on October 09, 2019, 02:51:17 PM
I deleted the application, followed the instructions, still a no go.

We believe we found a bug when: It happens when an argument contains a space and ends with a double-quote.

Please enable preview updates in the About tab. Update to 1.5.4.1 and delete then re-create the app and please let us know if this helps?