• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Firefox update in wrong language

Started by Chenz0, August 11, 2017, 05:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chenz0

Patch My PC keeps trying to update Firefox. The problem is it's trying to install the German version. I ended up having to DL the new version and install it manually.

Omar (Patch My PC)

You probably have chosen the German language from options.

Chenz0

Really... WOW! How stupid I am. I was just born yesterday... No I haven't. It keeps trying to update the 32 bit version... I don't have the 32 bit program installed. Even your uninstaller says that there is only one version on my system. 64 Bit. Once again, I did not pick german. Thanks for the answer though...

Chenz0

I must apologise. The 32 bit version is installed on this system. (not my box but I should have checked first) The problem still exists but for the life of me I can't imagine why. It still wants to install the German language version and does not show an option to change the language. I allowed the install and sure enough, it was in German. Tried to correct the language preference in Firefox's settings. NG. Still in German. Uninstalled the program and manually installed a downloaded version from the Firefox website. It installed NP, all in english again.

(This message is incorrect. It is a 64bit machine and the 64bit version is installed still updating in wrong language)

Chenz0

Still happing. Patchmypc is trying to install the wrong language for Firefox. NOTHING on my system is set to any language other than English but somehow PMPC thinks otherwise. All other installs work perfectly....

Note. Firefox upload path has, "NL" on the end of the string.