• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - BobS

Mine looks like the attached. I'm not seeing the rules that you are. How do I fix this?

There appears to be an issue with the detection requirements of Box for Office According to our audit reports, we only have 28 systems with any version of Box for Office installed. Box for Office is 'detecting' that 9,583 systems require the upgrade. Please fix the detection method for this update.

There appears to be a detection issue with Box for Office According to our installed software reports, we have only 29 systems with some version of Box for Office. In the SCCM console, I see that 9400+ systems "require" Box for Office It looks like there is something wrong with the rules for the update.


I'm having the same issue with the subscriber version. I've tried using the URL in a browser. It works and I'm able to download the cab file, however that isn't doing me much good since I can't get past the 'subscribed' issue. I was able to subscribe to the Adobe catalogs without any issues. The system is behind a proxy server.
I'm seeing this:

--- Digest verification failed on content for software update 'Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer 1.3.0 (UpdateId:'2adced8b-be31-4e5d-b937-cb649debfa2d' Vendor:'Patch My PC' Product:'SCUP Updates')'.

Please see attached document. My rules for & look like this. They read "WSUS generated MSI Installable(or Installed) Rule (read-only)." The rules for read as you documented. Possibly, the rules for rules for & are the issue. One of these was installed and then upgraded to
There is a detection issue with the Box Tools application in the PatchMyPC catalog.

Basically, it's installing Box Tools irrespective of a previous version being installed on the system. This resulted in the unintended installation of Box Tools on several hundred systems before it came to our attention. Please fix the detection mechanism.
I've attempted to attach a screen shot from SCCM which shows that the number of systems requiring these two updates is much higher than we have installs. The numbers requiring the updates are LibreOffice (8,713) and GoodSync (7,810). This appears to support a problem with the detection mechanism for them since we had only a handful of systems with these two apps.

I'm working on remediating the installs (scripting an uninstall). I've removed both from deployment, however we still need to fix the catalog/published items so that this doesn't reoccur. How would you suggest that we proceed on this?
With the the updates for LibreOffice 5.4.4 and GoodSync, there appears to be an error with the detection. The two upates have installed on all targeted systems irrespective of previous versions of the applications being currently installed, so there appears to be an issue with the detection rules which are both 'read-only'.

Since we tier the release of updates over several days, these have only been installed on about 500 systems. In the mean time, I've pulled to two updates until the issue with the detection can be resolved. Please fix this as soon as possible.
I was wondering if it would be possible to add the command line to the Audacity installer that suppresses the creation of a desktop shortcut for the program? I know I can edit this at the installer at this end, but with every new synch, it has to be re-edited.

The option is:

This is documented here: www.elliecomputing.com/en/OnlineDoc/ecmerge_EN/111706292.asp

I updated the PatchMyPC SCUP catalog yesterday afternoon, and two of the updates will not publish; Pidgin 2.12.0 and Libre Office Libre 5.3.0_Win_x86.

The SCUP log message for Pidgin with message "The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel." I used the URL from the log and MS Edge reported an issue with the certificate (GeoTrust SSL CA - G3). However, the dates on the cert where valid (12/1/2016 - 1/12/2018). I attempted to resolve this by installing the cert for both my user and the local system, which didn't resolve the issue.

For Libre Office, the message was  "The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found."

I've attached the SCUP log.