• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Getting "Failed to sign package; error was: 2147942403"

Started by Atreus21, March 02, 2021, 06:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atreus21

I looked at the KB for this issue as well as followed the video but I'm confused.  I've never stood up a separate software update point as the video suggests as a possible cause.

The registry entry cites J:\WSUS, which is the SQLTempDB volume.  I've absolutely no idea how it got there.  It's also got nothing in it beyond two folders WsusContent and UpdateServicesPackages.   
The SQL query cites G:\WSUS, which I think is where it's supposed to be.  That's the Content Source volume, and it's definitely got lots of contents, clocking in at three quarters of a terabyte.
The IIS Basic Settings cite C:\Program Files\Update Services\WebServices\Root as the physical path.

When I run the wsusutil.exe to specify G:\WSUS, it tells me:

Content location is being moved. Please do not stop this program.
Content move failed. Please refer to the log file for more details.
Fatal Error: The new content file location is the same as the old location: G:\WSUS
Parameter name: newContentPath

Should I move it somewhere else?

Adam Cook (Patch My PC)

Quote from: Atreus21 on March 02, 2021, 06:49:10 PM
I looked at the KB for this issue as well as followed the video but I'm confused.  I've never stood up a separate software update point as the video suggests as a possible cause.

The registry entry cites J:\WSUS, which is the SQLTempDB volume.  I've absolutely no idea how it got there.  It's also got nothing in it beyond two folders WsusContent and UpdateServicesPackages.   
The SQL query cites G:\WSUS, which I think is where it's supposed to be.  That's the Content Source volume, and it's definitely got lots of contents, clocking in at three quarters of a terabyte.
The IIS Basic Settings cite C:\Program Files\Update Services\WebServices\Root as the physical path.

When I run the wsusutil.exe to specify G:\WSUS, it tells me:

Content location is being moved. Please do not stop this program.
Content move failed. Please refer to the log file for more details.
Fatal Error: The new content file location is the same as the old location: G:\WSUS
Parameter name: newContentPath

Should I move it somewhere else?

It sounds like you've got a bit of a mismatch as to where the registry, IIS (specifically the path for the virtual directory "Content") and the database thinks your content path actually is. I can help you get this fixed up but it might just be simpler over the phone.

The registry value, shared folder paths and IIS Content virtual directory path described here are the things we will all want to match with what SQL is referencing. Use this link to book a 60 minute call with me so we can take a look at this.

Atreus21