• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Version numbers missing

Started by robwolfe, September 26, 2011, 06:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robwolfe

In version 2.03 on my problem computer the version numbers are not displayed. Any idea?

Thanks
Robert

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Try re-downloading Patch My PC. The versions for the software ex. Flash, Java right?

robwolfe

I have downloaded it from you rather than majorgeeks but get the same results. Have attached screenshot.

Robert

Is this the machine that emisoft was installed on and flagging it?

robwolfe

No, this is the machine that I had all the trouble with installing .Net 3.5. I finally got it to report a successful install. I have also repaired the installation. I white-listed PatchmyPC with Emsisoft on that machine. It is flagged on my machine.

Robert

robwolfe

Just clicked on logs and got the following. I tried to get screen shots but print screen is rather limited. If necessary I will try to find something which shows the entire message.

robwolfe

Just hit another computer with the same problem.  Reinstalled .net 3.5 after using the cleanup tool. Thought it might be a permission problem in the registry so reset them all to default. Ran Sfc through. Scanned with Avast, Malwarebytes,Spybot, Superantispyware, Emsisoft and Dr Web. Found nothing.

Tried right-click and trying to update Adobe Flash player. PatchMyPC reports it downloaded the file. An hour later it was still installing it!

Any ideas for what to try next?

If the versions aren't showing up that means Patch My PC isn't loading the definitions file from http://patchmypc.net/documents/definitions.xml. See if you can access this file in your browser.

Justin

robwolfe

I can access the xml document. Just noticed the IP is missing as well if that is of any use.

Can you send a screen shot of the problem?

robwolfe

Screen shot is on message above, reply #2.

robwolfe

I have another one with no version numbers. I tried right-clicking and installing a number of programs . The programs download immediately and then forever install it.

Internet works as I installed Netframework 3.5 from the net.

Here is the screenshot. Anything else I can send you?

Tried it with definitions.xml in the same folder, still no versions, instant download and installs forever.

Is the computer using a proxy to access the internet? The issue is Patch My PC is unable to load the definition file from our website. It could be a firewall or possibly antivirus software blocking the document from loading.

Quote from: robwolfe on December 16, 2011, 06:20:54 PM
I have another one with no version numbers. I tried right-clicking and installing a number of programs . The programs download immediately and then forever install it.

Internet works as I installed Netframework 3.5 from the net.

Here is the screenshot. Anything else I can send you?

Tried it with definitions.xml in the same folder, still no versions, instant download and installs forever.

robwolfe

Disabled Avast but have used it on all the other computers, still nothing. Disabled Windows firewall and set it as exception nothing.

Tried clicking on Run Common and Checked Optional Updates and get the screen shot attached. When I click on details get the following. Hopefully it means something to you.
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Unrecognized configuration section system.serviceModel. (c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\machine.config line 134)
   at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfInitErrors()
   at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.EnsureInit(String configKey)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3625 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
PatchMyPC
    Assembly Version: 2.0.6.3
    Win32 Version: 2.0.6.3
    CodeBase: file:///E:/PatchMyPC.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3624 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3623 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Management
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll
System.Core
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.1 built by: SP
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Hmm not really sure what that error is referring to is this the computer that had a issue installing MS .NET Framework? Did the version numbers load this time after you temporary disabled anitvirus/firewall? Is this a different error than you got before you disabled you antivirus? Try downloading 2.0.7 Beta and let me know if that works patchmypc.net/PatchMyPCBeta.exe (It's beta so may not be 100 %)Thanks!