• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

VOTE: Applications you want to be added to Patch My PC?

Started by Omar (Patch My PC), August 11, 2017, 12:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omar (Patch My PC)

The poll has been moved to: https://patchmypc.net/vote-for-new-apps

You can now vote for apps you want to be added to "Patch My PC". We will look into adding add the top ones as soon as possible. In this list, we added most of the requested apps in our forums.
If you want an app to be added, please reply in this topic.

However, There are some rules we must follow before adding any apps, the apps must be:

• Free
  • Has a silent switch option for installation
  • Doesn't install any bloatware or any other un-needed apps
  • Has a full offline/standalone installer
  • Replaces the older version when installing the new one
  • Has a DisplayVersion number in add and remove programs
  • Popular app used widely
Any app that doesn't meet these rules will be removed from the voting list or it won't be added to the voting list if requested.
Below we mentioned the incompatible apps and why they are not compatible, the list is updated regularly.

apPatch

There's a bug with the poll where you can vote twice. Once when signed out and once while signed in.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

But our users wouldn't cheat like that now would they  :)

Quote from: AMP648 on August 11, 2017, 01:37:53 PM
There's a bug with the poll where you can vote twice. Once when signed out and once while signed in.

neoaeon

Here's my software not yet supported by Patch My PC.  Apologies, I'm not exactly equipped to perform your pre-qualification checks at the moment.  I'm sure some of these have been excluded before, but I didn't see them in the incompatibilities list.  AFAIK these are "the" popular solutions for particular technical requirements.

Omar (Patch My PC)

They have been added to the voting list  :) But if any of them are incompatible we will remove it from the voting list and add it to the incompatible apps list.

Quote from: neoaeon on August 12, 2017, 07:45:29 AM
Here's my software not yet supported by Patch My PC.  Apologies, I'm not exactly equipped to perform your pre-qualification checks at the moment.  I'm sure some of these have been excluded before, but I didn't see them in the incompatibilities list.  AFAIK these are "the" popular solutions for particular technical requirements.

sea_compgeek

Firefox ESR should be included in the list for install / patching especially based on some recent changes in Firefox where Java and other plugins are no longer supported. Some of us in business environments have had to switch to ESR to maintain support until those legacy apps are retired.

Omar (Patch My PC)

You are right :) it's been added to the poll :)

Quote from: sea_compgeek on August 12, 2017, 12:52:59 PM
Firefox ESR should be included in the list for install / patching especially based on some recent changes in Firefox where Java and other plugins are no longer supported. Some of us in business environments have had to switch to ESR to maintain support until those legacy apps are retired.

jlconrod

My vote is for the DivX suite, especially  DivX Converter and DivX Player. DivX meets your requirements.

Omar (Patch My PC)

Added to the poll.
Quote from: jlconrod on August 12, 2017, 07:44:39 PM
My vote is for the DivX suite, especially  DivX Converter and DivX Player. DivX meets your requirements.

neoaeon

I forgot one.

Omar (Patch My PC)

We had this one long time ago but suddenly there was no offline installers anymore so we removed it, is there now?

Quote from: neoaeon on August 13, 2017, 07:09:03 AM
I forgot one.

neoaeon

Quote from: Admin - Omar on August 13, 2017, 10:58:07 AM
We had this one long time ago but suddenly there was no offline installers anymore so we removed it, is there now?

Quote from: neoaeon on August 13, 2017, 07:09:03 AM
I forgot one.

Sadly, it does appear to be a stub downloader still  :(

Omar (Patch My PC)

Quote from: neoaeon on August 13, 2017, 12:51:53 PM
Sadly, it does appear to be a stub downloader still  :(

We will search more to see if we can find one and will see what we can do :) 

ChokingHazard

My vote goes to Logitech Setpoint, MusicBee and Deluge :)

Omar (Patch My PC)

Rainmeter, WinPcap & Cygwin has been removed  from the poll  and moved to incompatible apps list because there are no silent switches for them.