• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Recent posts

thanks, figured, will gather logs and open case.   Appreciate the feedback.  Cheers.
Hello there,

I can't say that we've seen other reports from customers at this time. The ideal way to handle this will be to open a support ticket with us via the following link:

https://patchmypc.com/technical-support

If you could submit log files from an impacted endpoint, that would help us diagnose the issue:

https://patchmypc.com/collecting-log-files-for-patch-my-pc-support#application-troubleshooting-client-logs

It sounds like this is regarding Software Update content, so we would like to see the logs from the client side in relation to it (see link above).
Anyone else seeing problems with Lenovo Dock Manager update?

My team has reported consistent failures on the update to latest version. Error code 0x87D00664.

From tech: " It's the same thing each time, dock manager is already up to date to the version of the update, it still attempts to update even though it is running same version as the update and gets stuck running in the background preventing other updates from installing until I kill the process or it times out(There is a setup process running in task manager for it).  The only way I have found to fix it is to uninstall dock manager, make the update vanish from software center then reinstall the latest dock manager.  I've seen this on many machines so it's not client related."

I temporarily removed the update from the software update group. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Thank you for your reply!
Yeah we are preparing a new major version of the home updater that will be released soon, this little issue won't be there :) 
Hello,

The best option at the moment is probably to add a post-install script to remove the shortcut, or check if there is a property that can be passed to disable the creation of the shortcut.

A quick Powershell Script with the following could probably do the trick:
Remove-Item C:\Users\*\Desktop\[shortcut.lnk]

Should do the trick, you could also target just the default profile's path to skip removing the shortcut from every user's desktop.
Hello
I am using the Patch My PC Custom Apps feature (side note: it works so well!) and the MSI leaves a desktop shortcut for the app.  We would rather this not occur.  The option to "Delete desktop shortcut(s) created by this application" that we normally choose in the pmpc app is greyed out/disabled.  The MSI is not made in-house, it is vendor provided.  (The MSIs that we make in-house we do not choose to leave the desktop shortcut).  What is the best practice for ensuring these desktop shortcuts are either not created or removed after install?

tia!:)
Dear colleagues,

as mentioned in my caption, the maintenance release 7.0.16 contains serious bugs regarding
VB network interface driver. BSOD, freezing and other issues are common. Important: crashed
VDI container are getting corrupt and data loss could be possible!!

VB trouble ticket: https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/22045#no1

Here the official announcement:

ATTENTION: PLEASE REFRAIN FROM UPGRADING TO 7.0.16 FOR NOW. THIS RELEASE HAS AN ISSUE WHICH MIGHT CAUSE HOST OS CRASH WHEN VM IS CONFIGURED TO USE BRIDGED OR HOST-ONLY NETWORKING. WE WILL SEND AN ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAILING LISTS WHEN FIX WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD.

Ronald, 3rd level support engineer ivdk.org

Hi Steven,

When you mark an app as "available" (not required) for all users in the PMPC console, it means users can choose to install the app if they want, but it's not mandatory. For corresponding updates, since there isn't an "available" option, you'd typically mark them as "required" for all users. However, PMPC/Intune won't force install updates for apps that users haven't installed. The update assignment applies to users who have the app installed, ensuring they receive the necessary updates. If a user doesn't have the specific app installed, the corresponding updates won't be applicable to their device.

Hope this clears things up! If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
UK Dissertation Writer
It is helpful, thank you so much for the information.
Took some time but I found out what happened: when PatchMyPC starts it automatically takes the keyboard focus and any keyboard input is directed to the toggle button near "Main Software", when then the space button is pressed all software is automatically selected for installation. As I use the space button very much (for stating/stopping audio) the only thing that wonders me is why this has not happened earlier...

Technically this may not be a bug, however I think it is a very good idea to change this behavior for it has a large risk of creating unintended (and unattended) installations of a large amount of software.

with kind regards, Harry