• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Right click menu no longer has option to skip.

Started by Clever Mind, February 20, 2012, 01:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clever Mind

Hello:

Patch My PC 2.0.6.2 and earlier had an option in the " Common Update Window " that you could right click on an item that was red in color and select not to update by clicking on " Skip ****************** " Where the  " * " is the program name or PlugIn. 

That option is no longer present.

Just wondering if this feature was dropped for a reason or just forgot about.  I found this particular feature very useful and wondered if it could be returned.

Thank You

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

There are checkboxs in the options panel to always skip certain common updates.

Clever Mind

Quote from: Justin on February 20, 2012, 01:47:28 PM

Hello Justin:

You are correct and I know of that location.  I would rather not go to another panel and select which update that I may or may not want to be ignored now or in the future.

I liked the way it was when I could just right click and say skip and then next time not skip.  Both options could be made available in the program.

Thank You

I will consider adding this back keep in mind that the checkboxs for skipping setting will save the settings so when you run it again it will automatically skip the update if it was checked before.

Quote from: Clever Mind on February 21, 2012, 08:36:04 PM

Hello Justin:

You are correct and I know of that location.  I would rather not go to another panel and select which update that I may or may not want to be ignored now or in the future.

I liked the way it was when I could just right click and say skip and then next time not skip.  Both options could be made available in the program.

Thank You

Clever Mind

Hello Justin:

Thank you for the reply.  It was handy to have the right click option and I appropriate your consideration to return that function.

When the program saves the settings of a program / plug in, will there be some kind of indication ( maybe a different color ) that the ignore flag has been set on that program / plug in and will I be able to remove it from the right click menu?

Thank you again.

Quote from: Justin on February 21, 2012, 08:39:33 PM
I will consider adding this back keep in mind that the checkboxs for skipping setting will save the settings so when you run it again it will automatically skip the update if it was checked before.

Hello Justin:

Thank You

The right click skip/enable feature will be added to the next version. I'm not planning on changing the color since that will tell you whether an update is needed or not regardless of skip/not skip status.

Justin

Quote from: Clever Mind on February 22, 2012, 05:53:52 PM
Hello Justin:

Thank you for the reply.  It was handy to have the right click option and I appropriate your consideration to return that function.

When the program saves the settings of a program / plug in, will there be some kind of indication ( maybe a different color ) that the ignore flag has been set on that program / plug in and will I be able to remove it from the right click menu?

Thank you again.

Quote from: Justin on February 21, 2012, 08:39:33 PM

Hello Justin:

Thank You

Clever Mind

Hello Justin:

Your right and you have a good point; if there was a color added for the skip being selected, then you wouldn't know if an update would be available.

Looking forward to the newest release.

Best regards.