• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Status Failed - 0x87D00669 - Unable to download the Software SCCM

Started by nhottinger, February 06, 2020, 06:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nhottinger

I just got this setup and I believe it's all correct.  I can see the updates available in SCCM, I can download them and deploy them.  Whenever I try to install them I get the message that it failed with the error code 0x87D00669.  From what I read, it sounds like the error means "not able to get software updates content location at this time" but I don't know what that means.  I'm trialing the software right now to make sure it works before I purchase, but it's not looking good at the moment. 

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

0x87D00669  = Not able to get software updates content locations at this time.

This means the client can't find the update in the DP's. Please make sure your package is distributed and boundaries set up.

nhottinger

Boundaries are setup as they have always been, no changes needed there.  The updates are successfully downloaded into the folder I created for these 3rd party updates.  Do those need to be somewhere specific?

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Is the deployment package distributed to all DPs? Try to update DPs.

nhottinger

I took a look at all my deployment packages and all BUT this new one are green (Success).  This new one is still gray and not "targeted".  I have attempted to redistribute the package but nothing seems to be working.  Looking at the distmgr.log it sees the package and there are no errors.  The folder on the server where the updates are download have .cab files in them.  What could I be doing wrong?

nhottinger

I removed the Deployment package that was not downloading and created a new one.  All appears to be working as expected now. 

Jake Shackelford (Patch My PC)

Would you be able to send the following logs to [email protected] ?

%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\CAS*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\CIAgent.*log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\ClientLocation*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\CMBITSManager*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\ContentTransferManager*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\DataTransferService*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\StateMessage.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\LocationServices.log*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\UpdatesDeployment*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\UpdatesHandler*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\UpdatesStore*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\PatchMyPC-ScriptRunner.log (If exist)