Home Updater (Free Updater) > General Questions (Free Home Updater)

Patch My PC Home Updater: Command-Lines, Silent-Switches And More Info

(1/5) > >>

Justin Chalfant:
Please see: https://patchmypc.net/faq-free-updater for the most up to date information.

The /auto switch - This switch will allow the current logged user to see the Patch My PC GUI. The update process will started automatically. If browsers are open Patch My PC will notify user in the log textbox browsers need to be closed before updates can continue.   

The /s switch - This switch will run Patch My PC in hidden in the background. If browsers are open it will recheck every ten seconds until browsers are closed then continue with the install.

Examples:

PatchMyPC.exe /s (Will run any needed updates automatically with no graphical interface).
PatchMyPC.exe /auto (Will run any needed updates automatically with a graphical interface).

Mark:
So if PatchMyPC no longer uses the config.xml starting with 2.0.7, is there any way to turn off updating of certain programs listed under Common Updates, either through the GUI or otherwise?  I just donated to the cause and would really like this feature, along with the previously mentioned feature request to have offline updates possible.

Outstanding program.  You're doing a great job!

Justin Chalfant:
I need to make it more obvious, but you can right click the software label and you will have the option to install/skip the update.

Justin

Lord Necron:

--- Quote from: rkulik on September 16, 2011, 09:55:29 AM ---Are there any switches or use of the XML file to install the optional software as well?
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Justin on September 16, 2011, 10:18:56 PM ---Added in version 2.0.2 you can download it now and download the latest config.xml from this post for a sample of how to install certain optional software by default. Good Idea!

Justin
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Justin on August 20, 2011, 09:06:29 PM ---Patch My PC 2.0.7 and above no longer use the config.xml for customizing how it's run
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 12:25:09 PM by Justin »
--- End quote ---

What happened?

Justin Chalfant:
I'm adding these options into the program. Here is a screen shot of 2.0.7 Beta. There is going to be a options feature replacing the Windows Tools feature.

--- Quote from: Lord Necron on December 28, 2011, 01:30:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: rkulik on September 16, 2011, 09:55:29 AM ---Are there any switches or use of the XML file to install the optional software as well?
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Justin on September 16, 2011, 10:18:56 PM ---Added in version 2.0.2 you can download it now and download the latest config.xml from this post for a sample of how to install certain optional software by default. Good Idea!

Justin
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Justin on August 20, 2011, 09:06:29 PM ---Patch My PC 2.0.7 and above no longer use the config.xml for customizing how it's run
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 12:25:09 PM by Justin »
--- End quote ---

What happened?

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version