• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Remove WSUS products

Started by Levi Stevens, May 03, 2019, 09:16:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levi Stevens

Installing PMP after removing another TPP product.  How do you remove the product categories from WSUS such as "Adobe, Sun Systems, etc", I should only have "Microsoft, Patch My PC" product categories.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

You can use the modify publishes updates wizard in our advanced tab to delete all other updates for other products/vendors then run the WSUS Cleanup Wizard.

Levi Stevens

I ran this, and I was able to decline the updates, but I didn't see an option to delete the product categories themselves.  When I go into the SUP configuration in the SCCM console, I still see the old products names from the other TPP solution.

To enable the Delete button, create a new DWORD registry value: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Patch My PC Publishing Service:EnableDeleteUpdates = 1. This will enable the delete option.

Levi Stevens

If you delete the updates, will this remove the "Vendor" category from WSUS itself?

If all updates are deleted for a vendor then you run the WSUS Cleanup Wizard, it should remove them.

Levi Stevens

Worked brilliant! Thank you. I'm excited to be working with Patch My PC. I will be promoting this on all my engagements.

Perfect! Let us know if you need anything else.