• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Update for Microsoft EDGE (for business) - detection keys seems like changed

Started by greggoor, October 11, 2023, 02:04:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greggoor

Hello,

could I ask you to double check detection for "Update for Microsoft Edge", it looks like after recent change to  "Microsoft Edge for Business"(https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/microsoft-edge-for-business) Microsoft did a change to registry entries.
Those which are being checked by you in your detection method are gone so the update is NOT applicable.

I have tried to run the latest "base" application version (which we have published as available) and it has updated the Edge just fine to the latest version.

SCREENSHOT

Raunak Desai (Patch My PC)

Hey!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Allow me some time to test this in my test lab, and I will also reach out to the packaging team if I have similar findings on this.

Regards,
Raunak

greggoor

Hey,

cool, thx for the update

small update from me;) seems like I was looking at wrong reg hive (x64 not x32) when I was checking how you are doing detection, but anyway we have seen 'not applicable' status for "Update for Microsoft Edge" package.
This morning I have disabled 'required' assignment for base app so I will let you know how the latest "update" package is behaving right now. 

BR,
Grzegorz

Hey Gregor,

When you see the status as " Not applicable" for the updates, that means an older version is not found on the machine you are targeting the updates to.

Can you please check on the machine, if the same is available. Also whether the architecture is correct.

Regards,
Raunak

greggoor

Hey,
we have had it installed globally everywhere but not from PMP base install package.
After pushing out your base install package problem is gone, so you can close this case.

Thx

Hey !

That's awesome. Happy that the issue stands resolved.

Please feel free to reach out if you face any challenges in the future.

Have a good one !

Regards,
Raunak