• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - barberj66

Cheers Ben, I did see that article after I figured out the problem then used that as a baseline to correct things our side.
Since then things have been working as expected  :)
I figured this one out using the logs, it was our DO settings causing this.
I could see the DO timeout we'd set waiting to find other clients on the LAN with the binaries but when it didn't it them timed out and installed the app.
We have a fair few locations around the world with pretty bad internet links so to try reduce overloading them with WU traffic we had a higher DO timeout.
Switching the app installs to use foreground which had almost no delay soon proved this was the cause as when doing that with a test app it downloaded and installed almost immediately.
So admin error on my part was to blame for this one :)
thanks for the reply Ben I need to capture all that info to send over to MS anyway but at least what I am seeing at the moment in the IME logs is that the app is in the downloading phase for a long time.
I'm actually wondering now though if this is because of something we have configured.

[StatusService] Downloading app (id = appIDremoved, name Wireshark 3.6.8 (x64)) via DO, bytes 0/77742880 for user userIDremoved   IntuneManagementExtension   21-Sep-22 15:53:52   122 (0x007A)

there are just lots of downloading app via DO messages but the bytes are never increasing, in our DO settings we have a longer timeout set for things like WUFB to have longer time to search for other clients on the LAN so we don't overload the internet links with update traffic, I guess as apps use DO as well this could be potentially just be looking for other clients locally to pull the app binaries from before downloading from Intune.
Just wanted to throw this one out there, does anyone find in general app installs from the company portal slow/un-reliable. This is not a PatchMyPC issue I know that as the actual installations when they happen are generally flawless.
We just find intermittently apps can be really random in their download/install times. Even for example 2 brand new laptops enrolled side by side all required apps/policies already hit the devices and waited for them to be completely idle and not doing anything I then initiate an app install from the Company portal like treesize free which is 12MB or VLC for example. One laptop they will almost install instantly or within minutes the other I've seen it sat 30-60 mins downloading then eventually installing. Both connected to the same networks this happens on the internal corp net and externally.
I've logged a case for MS to look into it but just wondered if anyone else out there had the same experiences as this. I know there are a lot of factors which come into play when apps are downloading and installing but in general this seems to be our experience on the whole it seems inconsistent
Hi we had a setting ticked that was causing a problem with this so removed it deleted the app and then published again.

I'll add the screenshot as an attachment and there was a link Scott provided also to explain what was going on


it was the managing conflicting process part that caused the problem for us.
Hi Scott
Sure can I've sent them over just now

We have been notified by one of our users that they receive an error when trying to install Dymo connect via the Company portal
They just get a failed to install error showing in there.

On checking in the Intune console I can see up to now 5 people have tried to install the app but the same failure has been recorded on all machines
Fatal error during installation (0x80070643)

Running the version of the publisher

I'm going to attempt the same app on my machine to see if I get the same results so if logs are required please let me know what you may need

Edit: Just tried on my machine with the same result,
Looking into the script runner log it seems to exit with a 1603

<![LOG[Running application install: DCDSetup1.3.2.18.exe]LOG]!><time="13:03:56.305+000" date="09-13-2021" component="PerfTimerLogger" context="" type="1" thread="1" file="">
<![LOG[Installation file has run, exit code is: 1603]LOG]!><time="13:05:34.932+000" date="09-13-2021" component="ScriptRunner" context="" type="1" thread="1" file="">
<![LOG[Running application install: DCDSetup1.3.2.18.exe finished with Elapsed Time: 01 minutes 38 seconds 628 milliseconds]LOG]!><time="13:05:34.934+000" date="09-13-2021" component="PerfTimerLogger" context="" type="1" thread="1" file="">

Added a screen of the intune management ext log, let me know if theres a best place to upload or send the full logs if needed