• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Product updates showing in SCCM catalog are not being published - Metadata only

Started by louish, April 30, 2020, 05:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

louish

HI all, I am taking over a PatchMyPC implementation with our SCCM 1806 environment. Going through the tutorials it looks like it was already configured mostly correct. I am more or less just needing to build out the Device collections, Sugs, and the ADR's. However, one thing the that is stopping me is that even though we are using the publishing service  the updates are showing as meta data only even they the publisher is configured to download meta and full content.

Seeing no errors in the wsyncmgr.log or the patchmypc.log. Additionally 3rd party updates have been enabled on the SUP and the patch my pc product has been enabled.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated it.

Thanks,

Louis.

Wes Mitchell

Hey Louis
  If you are taking over from someone else, check and see if the CM console third-party software update catalogs have Patch My PC catalog active.  If that is set up previously it will pull in Metadata.  If not shoot us an email to [email protected] and we can setup a support session to resolve.

louish

Hey Mitchel, Thanks for pointing that out. We do in fact have a subscription to the Patch My PC Catalog under Third-Party Software Update Catalogs. Once I unsubscribe should I re-run the publisher sync service?

Best,

LH

louish

Alright, I un-subscribed and have re-ran the publisher. however since they updates were pulled as meta already it looks like it will not publish full content to SCCM. Looks like I may need to purge these updates from WSUS?

Wes Mitchell

Yes, here is a way to clean Up Third-Party Updates from the WSUS UpdateServicesPackages Folder - https://patchmypc.com/clean-up-third-party-updates-from-the-wsus-updateservicespackages-folder

The updates that you want to publish with Full Content, you will republish those by following this guide.  https://patchmypc.com/faq-scup-catalog#republishing-updates

Email us at [email protected] if you continue to have issues and we can set up a session to see why those aren't publishing Full content.

louish

Thanks again for the help. I will be sure to follow this documentation and go from there.