• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Application comment showing v1.5.8.4 intead of 1.5.9

Started by Rcgalyen, December 06, 2019, 08:38:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rcgalyen

New user/install here: (demo)

1st off - Things are going swimmingly.  Love this product, recommendation to my CTO for purchase coming before the budget cycle ends.  :) :) :)

I just noticed the that applications being created in SCCM have comments that say "created with v1.5.8.4" vs the v1.5.9 that the installer I used says it contains.  Control Panel and the application GUI itself both state 1.5.9 as well.

could this be a relic from my 1st attempt at installation (which could very well have been on 1.5.8.4) before I had a chance to fully implement and request the demo license just this week.  I did install v1.5.9 earlier this week (2019-12-04), but did not check to see if I was installing over the top of a previous 1.5.8.4 attempt.  Again, not of grave concern, as things are running and generating just fine.  Just a oddity note to pass along.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Thanks for reporting, we will take a look into this and let you know what we find.

Quote from: Rcgalyen on December 06, 2019, 08:38:21 AM
New user/install here: (demo)

1st off - Things are going swimmingly.  Love this product, recommendation to my CTO for purchase coming before the budget cycle ends.  :) :) :)

I just noticed the that applications being created in SCCM have comments that say "created with v1.5.8.4" vs the v1.5.9 that the installer I used says it contains.  Control Panel and the application GUI itself both state 1.5.9 as well.

could this be a relic from my 1st attempt at installation (which could very well have been on 1.5.8.4) before I had a chance to fully implement and request the demo license just this week.  I did install v1.5.9 earlier this week (2019-12-04), but did not check to see if I was installing over the top of a previous 1.5.8.4 attempt.  Again, not of grave concern, as things are running and generating just fine.  Just a oddity note to pass along.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Just confirmed, it seems one service binary version is still at version 1.5.8.4 even though the actual main version is 1.5.9.0, but this shouldn't cause any issues. We will match these up in the next update.

Rcgalyen

Assumed as much, just didn't want to be using out of date stuff during my eval.  Thanks!