• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

SCCM 1906 automatic content staging

Started by Marcus R., November 19, 2019, 08:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcus R.

After the SCCM update on 1906 I want to use the new automatic content staging feature. After checking the subscription, i missed any new options and realized following note after it:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/configmgr/core/get-started/2019/technical-preview-1906#additional-options-for-third-party-update-catalogs

QuoteImportant

These options are only available for v3 third-party update catalogs, which support categories for updates. These options are disabled for catalogs that aren't published in the new v3 format.

Did I do something wrong or need to reintegrate the whole catalog? Or is the catalog not yet in V3 format and does not support this feature yet?

Thanks

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

This feature didn't make the 1906 build due to a few bugs. It should be available when the 1910 release.

Quote from: Marcus R. on November 19, 2019, 08:59:54 AM
After the SCCM update on 1906 I want to use the new automatic content staging feature. After checking the subscription, i missed any new options and realized following note after it:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/configmgr/core/get-started/2019/technical-preview-1906#additional-options-for-third-party-update-catalogs

QuoteImportant

These options are only available for v3 third-party update catalogs, which support categories for updates. These options are disabled for catalogs that aren't published in the new v3 format.

Did I do something wrong or need to reintegrate the whole catalog? Or is the catalog not yet in V3 format and does not support this feature yet?

Thanks

Marcus R.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I must have missed this information. But I take the opportunity to ask if the catalog already supports this feature with 1910.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Yeah, we've supported v3 since around April.

Quote from: Marcus R. on November 19, 2019, 10:14:08 AM
Thank you for your prompt reply.

I must have missed this information. But I take the opportunity to ask if the catalog already supports this feature with 1910.