• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

INI file does nothing?

Started by smikwily, April 11, 2018, 04:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smikwily

First off - love the program and I recommend it to anyone that asks me for suggestions for an updater! Thanks for all your hard work. Now for my problem:

I've been testing out the "don't check for update" feature for a few programs and saving the settings out to an INI file. I can create the INI file, mark programs as to be skipped for scanning, then save the INI file again, but I don't see anything in the INI file to indicate that the INI file is changed other than the modified date on the file being changed.

Nothing is marked as ignore/skip in the file that I can see from a text editor. If I close out of PatchMyPC, delete the INI file completely, and relaunch PatchMyPC, the same programs are marked to skipped and it acts as if the INI file doesn't even matter and it is storing settings elsewhere.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Hello,

The INI doesn't currently support exporting the "Skip application check" feature available in each apps context menu. This is currently stored per-device in the registry. We are looking at making this an exportable setting for the INI file in a future update as we've received plenty of feedback from users requesting this feature.

Thanks
Justin

smikwily

Gotcha. Thanks. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't screwing something up.

Thanks again for all your hard work!