• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

No Categories

Started by Jason, October 26, 2022, 05:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

Hi everyone,

Just loaded Patch My PC, I did not there are no categories/subcategories. On the new version. As per the screenshot. Is there anyone to set categories such as "Browsers" etc?Screenshot 2022-10-26 104645.png

Please let me know.

Thanks again.

coover

Same here! I no longer see about 30 apps that "Patch ..." formerly updated. I'm suspecting a possible legal problem might have caused this. Let us know what is happening or if this is in error.

Jason

Hi Coover,

Could be? Not sure.
Let's see if we can get some clarity.

Kurotaku

Changed in 4.5.0.0

"Removed the software groups. Now all software is under one list sorted alphabetically, portable software is still in its own group."

But tbh I hate it that its removed, I liked browsing through the categories and look if there is something nice to have.

I really don't understand what the admin was thinking about removing a feature instead of make it chooseable.....

theJazzman42

Please bring back the categories.

And lots of the 300 software packages are missing now. Instead of 30+ of them installed, now I only get 20+ listed.

Jason

Hi theJazzman42,

I so agree with the categories and subcategories, everything was all in order, and now everything is in one huge list.

theJazzman42

I always recommended PatchMyPC to people with low-level PC knowledge to keep their apps up2date and to install new software. Especially for these people it's almost useless now.

robwolfe

I also agree the categories were most useful. My question would be why not allow one to choose categories or all in one list.

theJazzman42

Sounds like a good compromise. Could be placed in options.

Another proposal - choose which categories you wanna see.

Jason

Quote from: theJazzman42 on October 27, 2022, 09:21:34 AMI always recommended PatchMyPC to people with low-level PC knowledge to keep their apps up2date and to install new software. Especially for these people it's almost useless now.

I also recommend it too

Jason

Quote from: robwolfe on October 27, 2022, 10:03:08 AMI also agree the categories were most useful. My question would be why not allow one to choose categories or all in one list.

I fully agree or have the option to have it with categories or not.

linkhunter

It look like a huge mess
I am dyslexic. I have no problem with  reading it's just the spelling I'm bad at.

Categories help a lot for me since I don't need to use the search function. I just hope they gonna bring it back again soon

Jason

Quote from: linkhunter on October 28, 2022, 12:11:47 AMIt looks like a huge mess
I am dyslexic. I have no problem with reading it's just the spelling I'm bad at.

Categories help a lot for me since I don't need to use the search function. I just hope they gonna bring it back again soon

I fully understand, what I liked with the categories was everything was in its place, for example, "Browsers" Etc.

robwolfe

I heard from Justin and was told "Omar let our engineering know, and we should be able to get this resolved in a future update".

Robert

coover

Quote from: robwolfe on October 28, 2022, 06:07:40 PMI heard from Justin and was told "Omar let our engineering know, and we should be able to get this resolved in a future update".

Robert
I hope that update will be soon. I cannot imagine that adding the categories again would be a difficult programing problem. It would (I think) only require a few lines (the categories) to be added back to the program and other lines moved to fit the categories.