• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

LibreOffice not detected

Started by Phoneios, December 22, 2018, 10:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phoneios

Hi all, first post  :)

I'm running LibreOffice 6.1.3. Version 6.1.4 is available since at least 3 days. PMPC does not detect the update.

Besides, I wonder how PMPC handles the 2 different branches of LibreOffice, the 'fresh' version vs the 'stable' version.
Fresh is at 6.1.4 as stated, while Still is at 6.0.7. (Fresh has the latest functions and options, but has a higher probability of a bug or two. Especially if the latest version digit is still close to zero.)

I am considering to switch to the 'stable' branch. Does PMPC identify the correct branch or is there a risk of being converted to 'fresh' since fresh has allways the a higher version#. Would PMPC 'update' from 6.0.7 to 6.1.3 for instance?

Omar (Patch My PC)

We used to have the latest "fresh" versions but many users complained about them because they were using the "stable" ones and PMPC was updating automatically the latest "fresh" ! So we decided to switch to "stable" versions instead. and unfortunately we can't have both in the same time in Patch My PC.
PMPC is marking your LibreOffice as up to date because you already have a higher version (6.1.3) than the one in PMPC (6.0.7)