• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Voting for apps????

Started by ctw09, June 26, 2019, 11:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctw09

I'm so confused about your new model of having a separate forum that we need to sign up for to request "voting" for apps for you to support..... I'm pretty sure that most of the customers request the software to be added your service, I wouldn't vote for software other people want because it has nothing to do with my environment and they wouldn't want my software. Please clarify the reason behind this and why it's on a separate forum.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

There are a lot of new product requests and feature request that would apply to multiple customers. The idea behind the new UserVoice website https://ideas.patchmypc.com/ is it's easier to search for previously requested products, and up-vote previous feature/product request, or submit new ones. You have up to 10 votes so you can vote for multiple features/product request. We are using this method because we need a way to prioritize products that are helpful for many customers. Of course, that doesn't mean new product request with a low number of votes won't be evaluated, but other submissions may be prioritized based on impact.

It's the same way the SCCM product group helps prioritize request https://configurationmanager.uservoice.com/forums/300492-ideas

This forum will still be used for support, but any new product and feature request will go to ideas.patchmypc.com for better tracking and collaboration among all customers.

Quote from: ctw09 on June 26, 2019, 11:50:10 AM
I'm so confused about your new model of having a separate forum that we need to sign up for to request "voting" for apps for you to support..... I'm pretty sure that most of the customers request the software to be added your service, I wouldn't vote for software other people want because it has nothing to do with my environment and they wouldn't want my software. Please clarify the reason behind this and why it's on a separate forum.

ctw09

OK I was worried that software we requested be added to the list may not make it because of effort in voting against others. I still don't like having an entirely separate system for having software added so I will likely abandon this forum unless urgent since I have too many portals I need to access as is.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Quote from: ctw09 on June 26, 2019, 02:13:34 PM
OK I was worried that software we requested be added to the list may not make it because of effort in voting against others.

No, we are still going to review all request, but let's say we see a product request that has 50 customers voted for that would probably be something we would try to work through first.

Quote from: ctw09 on June 26, 2019, 02:13:34 PM
I still don't like having an entirely separate system for having software added so I will likely abandon this forum unless urgent since I have too many portals I need to access as is.

Totally get it, I would say the forum at this point would probably just be for customers to prefer to get support via forum and for the knowledge base/searching for known issues.

NOTE: with the ideas website for feedback, I think you can just enter your email when submitting and voting up ideas I don't think you need a password/login. For support, most customers generally just email us directly, use our tech support form https://patchmypc.com/technical-support, or just give us a call.

- Justin