• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Licensing clarification

Started by HeatonJL, June 18, 2019, 10:27:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeatonJL

To clarify:

We currently have the basic licensing, and use SCUP to publish updates to SCCM.  In order to use the SCCM 3rd party patching, and the PatchMyPC catalog, do I need to upgrade my PatchMyPC licensing to Enterprise?

I looked through the Answered questions area, but didn't see this asked.  Sorry if it is a duplicate/answered question.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Hey,

Please let me know if this answers all your questions?

What's the Difference Between the Basic, Enterprise, and Enterprise Plus Subscription? - https://patchmypc.com/faq-scup-catalog#subscription-comparisons

HeatonJL

I saw that, and I'm hung up a bit on the word "automatic", I think.  So, the bottom line answer to my question, is yes, I have to increase my licensing to at least Enterprise if I want to use SCCM to publish 3rd party updates using PatchMyPC catalog.

Which brings us to a 2nd question:

I was following your Youtube video on how to set all this up, and I've already enabled 3rd party updates in SCCM, and asked it to manage the certs.  I've also updated the Client settings, as well, for 3rd party updates.  If I don't move forward with increasing our licensing, and therefore, continue to use SCUP to publish the updates to SCCM manually, do I need to do anything about the certs, or are we ok?

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Quote from: HeatonJL on June 18, 2019, 10:42:17 AM
I saw that, and I'm hung up a bit on the word "automatic", I think.  So, the bottom line answer to my question, is yes, I have to increase my licensing to at least Enterprise if I want to use SCCM to publish 3rd party updates using PatchMyPC catalog.

That's correct, basically, the Basic subscription only supports SCUP.

Quote from: HeatonJL on June 18, 2019, 10:42:17 AM
Which brings us to a 2nd question:

I was following your Youtube video on how to set all this up, and I've already enabled 3rd party updates in SCCM, and asked it to manage the certs.  I've also updated the Client settings, as well, for 3rd party updates.  If I don't move forward with increasing our licensing, and therefore, continue to use SCUP to publish the updates to SCCM manually, do I need to do anything about the certs, or are we ok?

No need to change anything, you can keep this enabled and have SCCM still deploy the certificate and enable the third-party cert to clients. You basically just won't be able to use the in-console catalog publishing for our catalog on the Basic level.

HeatonJL

Ok, got it.

Thanks for the quick response, even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear.   ;)