• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Crystal Disk Info Problem

Started by coover, September 01, 2020, 11:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coover

I noticed that Crystal Disk Info has been updated on the MajorGeeks webpage to version 8.8.2. Patch My PC was still showing 8.8.1. So I first used "Patch ..." to manually update. It did not. I went back to MajorGeeks and updated to 8.8.2. Again back to "Patch ..." and it showed an update back to 8.8.1 so I allowed it to do it, just tp see what happens. It reinstalled the outdated version 8.8.1. I still had the 8.8.2 installation file on my computer so I again ran that.

Please fix your problem. Things like this should not happen.

Omar (Patch My PC)

This is CrystalDiskInfo's fault, they are using version 8_2_2 in the display versions instead of 8.2.2 !!!
Patch My PC or any other software can't detect this as a version number!
And in the past they used to leave the previous updates installed with the latest ones ! That's also their fault and problem the main issue with you, you should remove any older updates for it.
Also now we just named it 8 for now until they fix this 8_2_2, but the latest URL is using v8.2.2, so just select it and update it and it will update to the latest version.

coover

coover

It still wants to download the file already installed ... see attachment

Omar (Patch My PC)

They have fixed it now in the latest update.
If you still have this problem then it means you have 2 different versions of CrystalDiskInfo installed in the same time.