• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Exclude Specific third-party updates

Started by Giav, October 25, 2021, 07:42:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giav

Hello,

We've started using PatchMyPc tool for a few months now and we are in the process of crating a monthly update strategy. Among many chosen vendor updates we've selected also java RE to be downloaded as well.
We've created the ADR and 5 deployments (based on rings) and it's ready to be tested.
Now the question is if there is a way to exclude specific updates (in particular java) from a small group of computers, without the need of creating another ADR that will only be dedicated on downloading java updates and pushing them on different collections?
It would be more preferable to have one ADR that will cover different scenarios instead of creating many which will add complexity to our environment.
I would appreciate all the help you could provide.

Thank you

Yannis

Adam Cook (Patch My PC)

Hey Giav

No the only way would be to create exclusions in your collections and potentially create a separate ADR as you need to tightly control application version of Java by the sounds of things.

Giav

Thank you for your quick response, Adam.

Cheers

Dragonspeed

Quote from: Adam Cook (Patch My PC) on October 25, 2021, 07:49:32 AMHey Giav

No the only way would be to create exclusions in your collections and potentially create a separate ADR as you need to tightly control application version of Java by the sounds of things.

To piggy back on his question....

We auto-publish the updates based on our SCCM database inventory.  We've just had a request to NOT publish updates for one particular company (QGIS) because they want to do it manually.  How can this be achieved?

Thanks!

Dragonspeed

Found the answer after a bit of "Googling" - right click -> exclude from autopublishing.

Quote from: Dragonspeed on November 16, 2023, 12:05:49 PM
Quote from: Adam Cook (Patch My PC) on October 25, 2021, 07:49:32 AMHey Giav

To piggy back on his question....

We auto-publish the updates based on our SCCM database inventory.  We've just had a request to NOT publish updates for one particular company (QGIS) because they want to do it manually.  How can this be achieved?

Thanks!