• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

.NET Core and Powershell Core

Started by mkmaster78, May 07, 2018, 01:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkmaster78

It looks like the detections and installs are working better this time around.  Thank you for your efforts.  One last thing, it does not appear that you've included the hosting bundle in the runtime updates.  Would that be something you would consider adding (making sure to distinguish between standard runtime and runtime/hosting bundle)?  It would clear up some CVEs on my end.
https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/dotnet-core/2.1

Thanks again for all the effort you've put into this, it has certainly helped.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

mkmaster78

Any word?  Or should I put in a separate software request for this?

Omar (Patch My PC)

Sorry about the delay, we will check this ASAP :)

Omar (Patch My PC)

Quote from: mkmaster78 on August 01, 2018, 10:16:53 AM
Any word?  Or should I put in a separate software request for this?

Sorry for the delay! This is fixed in today's catalog update.
".NET Core Runtime" will not get updated as long as ".NET Core: Runtime & Hosting Bundle" is installed :)

mkmaster78

Thanks for the work on that, much appreciated :).  Should I put a separate request in to get the runtime & hosting bundle added into the catalog?

Omar (Patch My PC)

You are welcome :)
Yes it's better to have it's own thread :)

mkmaster78

First, thanks for all your hard work.  It helps having the hosting bundle added. However, I did notice that the .NET Core Runtime still gets detected as needed on a machine with the runtime and hosting bundle installed.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Quote from: mkmaster78 on September 12, 2018, 11:08:05 AM
First, thanks for all your hard work.  It helps having the hosting bundle added. However, I did notice that the .NET Core Runtime still gets detected as needed on a machine with the runtime and hosting bundle installed.

Thanks for reporting let us review if there's data we can use to differentiate better.

Omar (Patch My PC)

Quote from: mkmaster78 on September 12, 2018, 11:08:05 AM

Are you sure that ".NET Core Runtime 2.1.3 or 2.1.4" gets detected as needed on a machine with the runtime and hosting bundle installed? Or is it version 2.1.2 or older ?

mkmaster78

Yep, I've got multiple machines indicating they need the following:
Microsoft .NET Core SDK 2.1.402 (x64)
Microsoft .NET Core Runtime and Hosting Bundle 2.1.4
Microsoft .NET Core Runtime 2.1.4 (x64)

Omar (Patch My PC)

Hey sorry about the delay, Can you check if it's fixed with today's updates ?

mkmaster78

So far it seems to be better, yes, thank you.