• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Folder Location of updates

Started by Stan, December 17, 2017, 05:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

A few of the updates - e.g., Audacity - are automatically located in standard folders like Program Files or Program Files (x86) even though the ones to be updated are in different folders. So, my original version of Audacity is in a folder I created called Audio-Video but the update isn't placed there. This leaves the original version of Audacity in Audio-Video and the update in Program Files (x86). Is there any way of ensuring in advance that the update overwrites the original in its original file? Thanks.

Omar (Patch My PC)

Any app should upgrade where it is installed no problems, the problem here in Audacity itself! It doesn't replace or remove the old version sometimes so that's why it installs in the default location! And we can't do anything about this for now unfortunately... is there any other app that does the same?

Stan

Your reply much appreciated.

One other I'm aware of is PDF-Xedit by Tracker Software. Again, I had my copy in a folder I call Utilities and it wrote the update into Program files without erasing the earlier version.

On another matter, the update version of Handbrake wouldn't write at all.

Many thanks.

Omar (Patch My PC)

PDF-XChange Editor 7 is a new major update after v6 so that's maybe why that happened, in any case Patch My PC doesn't control the install location of the apps, it's their installers itself.
About Handbrake, there was a bug that doesn't allow silent install to work when updating from version to another, but a fix for that is coming in the next version of Handbrake.
And you are welcome :)

Daisy222

Hello there! my name is Daisy Simpson. I've been working for over 20 years in IT sector, as Project Manager, Team Leader and focused mainly in areas of IT services, e-Learning and consulting.