• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Update 21.001.20135 Failing to update

Started by andrew, February 12, 2021, 04:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew

Most of our machines (servers) seem to be failing with this update. They're updating from 20.013.20074.

Attached a snippet from windowsupdate.log, main part is: transaction error = 0x8024200b, MSI result = 0x80070643, MSI action = InstallWebResources

On a few machines I found that installation when I was logged in seems to work fine, but if no one is logged in (which is the case when our servers do maintenance), the update fails.

Cody Mathis (Patch My PC)

Hello,

It looks like this install fails in some cases when no user is logged on due to a new UWP app that is packaged with the software.

For now you can add  INSTALLUWPAPP=NO to your command line and it should resolve the issue.

We intend to add this to our catalog today as well.

andrew

Ah that makes sense, thanks. I'll give it a go and report back.

andrew

I can't update the command line options for those updates, I can update the applications. Is that expected?

When do you think you'll have things updated your side?

Cody Mathis (Patch My PC)

Ahh, these are MSP.

We should have this updated later today to resolve this issue.

We also intend to add the ability to set the command line for MSP in the near future. Sorry about that!!

andrew

Ah ok no worries :). Please could you post back here once done and I'll re-publish the updates?

andrew

Hi Cody, just wondering if there's any update on this? I was going to test deploying the application (rather than the update) to those machines that need to updated as I can add the flag to that. Also, would an MST file be appropriate to add the flag to MSP, not something I've done before.

Omar (Patch My PC)

Quote from: andrew on February 15, 2021, 03:32:54 AM
Hi Cody, just wondering if there's any update on this? I was going to test deploying the application (rather than the update) to those machines that need to updated as I can add the flag to that. Also, would an MST file be appropriate to add the flag to MSP, not something I've done before.

Hey Andrew,
v21.001.20138 is out today and it will be added in our catalog very soon today, which should entirely fix this problem.
https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousfeb2021qfe.html#dccontinuousfebtwentytwentyoneqfe

andrew

Omar (Patch My PC)

andrew

That new version has fixed our issue. Thanks for your help.

[email protected]