• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Downloaded program Cashe

Started by alltechrx, May 30, 2014, 08:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alltechrx

We use this for computer repairs in our store, it's a GREAT program, and we use it all of the time. How about a PAID version that also has an option to cashe the files that it downloads, so we don't constantly download the exact same files over and over...

I use to use a batch file to auto install/update the programs, but it was too much maintenance always rewriting the batch file, and downloading the updates.... HOWEVER it was nice that I only had to download the updates the first time.. (wrote it for when I worked at the Squad, and we would update 20-50 computers a day)

PLEASE make a version for repair shops.. when we are fixing 5-10 computers a day, there is a ton of wasted time re-downloading the files. The program could go out every time and check to see what the current version is, and compare that to what the local files (if on drive) are, and if outdated (or missing) download the current file to the flash drive, and delete the old version. (if the downloads are more than 7 days old, delete from drive anyway)

Omar (Patch My PC)

We are proud to announce that we just released v3.1.0.0 of Patch My PC that features this option :)
It's called "IT Pro Caching Mode" and you can change the location of cache folder for installers to anywhere you like :)
Also installers won't get deleted and if the current downloaded installer has the same last version that in Patch My PC then Patch My PC will not download them again and it will just start installing them from cache instead :)

tskalshoej

Hi,
Greate program options with caching to PatchMyPCITProCache

Please make an option to delete old versions when updating in PatchMyPCITProCache

There will be a lot of old versions in this folder