• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Cisco Webex Meetings 39.9.2.216

Started by Dhungate, October 30, 2019, 10:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhungate

Our clients all have 39.2.2.4 installed, and the new version is showing as Update is not required on all of our computers.

I'm not quite sure what's missing, I can get the logs collected.

Wes Mitchell

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Hey,

So, there was an issue where older versions of Webex Meetings would not auto-uninstall and would cause the upgrade to fail. We will only upgrade from a previous version of this product that we know doesn't have this issue. You need to have a version greater than the one listed in the screenshot below for the update to be detected:

Dhungate

Thank you. I'll push out the application manually to our PCs.

Sounds good, I'm trying to find the friendly version of Meetings for that file version. I will update you once I find it.

Schneider.sv

Dear PatchMyPC Team,

since last update of this Application about SCCM Catalog some never version are available.
Actually since yesterday evening: 39.9.5.164

In this context it is useful to change the detection rule from PTONECLK.EXE to
"[PROGRAM_FILESX86]\Webex\Webex\Application\ptoneclk.exe" -> "version" // "[PROGRAM_FILES]\Webex\Webex\Application\ptoneclk.exe" -> "version"
on
"[PROGRAM_FILESX86]\Webex\webex.exe" -> "version" // "[PROGRAM_FILES]\Webex\webex.exe" -> "version"

Background:
The version of the PTONECLK.EXE file is not updated every time.
However the version of WEBEX.EXE changes every time.

Release 39.9.5.164:
WEB.EXE file version = 10040.9.2019.1107

Alternatively, the following registry area could be used for the detection rule:
(see attachment)

Sincerely
Sven Schneider

We will look at including this in the next update as well.

Schneider.sv

Schneider.sv

Hi Justin,

thanks for fast change.
But the newest version 39.10.x is not available. I think it's a problem by Cisco WEBEX.
Behind the download link the old version 39.9.2.116 is loaded.

There is also a bug in the revised Detection Rule.
The newly added detection based on the registry must not contain the file version number of PTONECLK.EXE. The registry value contain the real version number, e.g. 39.9.2.116.

Greetings
Sven

Thanks for reporting we are looking into this