• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Adobe Acrobat reader DC update failed

Started by FabianR, June 29, 2021, 06:39:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FabianR

I'm currently distributing the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC update 21.005.20048 to multiple clients.
On my client the update fails. I have version 21.001.20155 installed (the update to this version was installed correctly by PatchMyPC about a month ago).
In Software Center I get the error 0x8024002D.

Is there any way I can find out what the issue is?

Thanks for the help.

Adam Cook (Patch My PC)

0x8024002D resolves to 'A full-file update could not be installed because it required the source.'

This _might_ be related to this issue detailed here in this article: https://patchmypc.com/system-error-1612-the-installation-source-for-this-product-is-not-available

What happens if you run the update file directly on a client? Does the UI indicate any failure to install and what the issue might be? Below are the download links for the latest version for you to download on to one of your problem clients and test. I'm not sure if you're trying to install MUI or en-US, so I supplied both links for you:

FabianR

Thanks for this answer. This explains my issue.
It looks like the complete folder C:\Windows\Installer is missing on my client.

Adam Cook (Patch My PC)

The folder is hidden by default so you might need to type the directory in to File Explorer address bar.

If it really is missing, that will likely cause you significantly more issues down the road with more than just this Adobe software. However if the folder exists, it is likely the one needed installer has been deleted from it.