• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Using PMPC to update LoB app

Started by zapulver, April 21, 2021, 08:22:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapulver

Hello.  Is it currently possible for the Patch My PC updater to find existing line of business updates and update them via the console?  For example, we have an existing Zoom lob app that is deployed to a number of machines.  Is there a way for the updater find that and update them, or must we remove that app and use the built in win32 from the console to be seen by the script?

Thank you.

Jordan (Patch My PC)

Good Afternoon,

So we pull back that type of information, however, because of the names it probably wouldn't match. So the data might be "there" but might not match so we don't include it in the count from a detection perspective for reporting.

For the second half of your question, are you trying to remove the LOB - if it exists and re-install with win32?

If so I don't think we have that logic in place, you would however probably add a pre-script that would accomplish that.

zapulver

I'm asking if, using Zoom as an example, the PMPC created Win32 app "Update for Zoom Meetings 5.6.751 9 (x64)" is able to reach out and update existing standalone Zoom installs (whether they were an existing Line of Business app that I created, or just an install from their website) for computers that are in the required group, or if it is specifically looking for the PMPC created Win32 "Zoom Meetings 5.6.751 (x64)."

If it is the former, I can leave the existing installs as is and only require the update portion.

If it is the latter, I will need to manually switch everyone over the the PMPC created Zoom app. 

It sounds like it has the possibility to update existing applications, but no way to track that. 

Thank you

Jordan (Patch My PC)

AH OK.

No we are not looking for any "it was created by us so updated it" magic.

We are just looking for the registry keys that are associated with the installation of the product.

zapulver

Excellent.  Thank you for your time.

wdb2021

You will need to try deleting the program first and then reinstalling it.If you can't install it, there may be a problem.

toygarzop

Can anyone point me in the right direction of keeping win32 or LoB apps up to date such as exes or msi's.

I will be trying to use windows store for business where possible as these apps auto update but theres some software users are requesting which isnt there. I've deployed msi and exes via intune sucessfully but what happens when I need to get them on the latest version?  techzpod mobdro download