• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Bug: Dosbox Portable install error

Started by mrt, October 09, 2022, 03:23:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrt

Hi,

just tried your portable install feature, works grate, just select directory and check boxes, no further clicking, thanks for that, but one got an error:

Using Custom Download Path: H:\PortableApps
Failed to get download information for DOSBox Download URL: https://newcontinuum.dl.sourceforge.net/project/dosbox/dosbox/0.74-3/DOSBox0.74-3-win32-installer.exe

looks like that particular Server hasn't updated there ssl-cert jet, maybe just set another one in your script,

thanks a lot and keep up the good work.

PS: a feature where you can select new installed apps not to be C: but some drive i like would be nice, try to keep c: as clean as possible and have user profile and all apps i can on other drives ;)

Omar (Patch My PC)

Hey there!
We have fixed the URL of DoxBox, thanks for the heads up!

QuotePS: a feature where you can select new installed apps not to be C: but some drive i like would be nice, try to keep c: as clean as possible and have user profile and all apps i can on other drives ;)
It's not possible right now to do this :( But for now you can disable the silent installation for these apps and install them manually in the location you want, then enable the silent installation again and they should always update in the new location in the future :)