• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Earlier Opera browser update being detected though using a later version

Started by highstream, July 30, 2020, 06:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

highstream

In updating Opera browser, I seemed to have bypassed a build of version 69 and now have 70.0.3728.71. Perhaps because that version 69 is not on my computer, Patch keeps coming up with it on the scans. However, it doesn't recognize it in the count of programs needing update, so isn't doing anything with it. It's just there every time in red.

Omar (Patch My PC)

That means you have that v69 installed along with v70 !
You should remove v69 but be careful because it may remove v70 as well.

highstream

Checking Revo Pro, you're correct. Thanks for the warning, as I know well the pitfalls of uninstalling an earlier version of Opera.

Follow up: Deleting the main registry entry (folder) for the particular build of Opera 69 in question seems to have solved it. I understand that's not something you would normally suggest here for the average user, though.

Omar (Patch My PC)

Quote from: highstream on July 31, 2020, 08:41:23 AM
Checking Revo Pro, you're correct. Thanks for the warning, as I know well the pitfalls of uninstalling an earlier version of Opera.

Follow up: Deleting the main registry entry (folder) for the particular build of Opera 69 in question seems to have solved it. I understand that's not something you would normally suggest here for the average user, though.

Exactly! I was going to tell you about the registry but I wasn't sure if you are an advanced user or not :D
Glad it worked :)