• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Patch My PC - Blank Interface

Started by britton, August 16, 2020, 04:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

britton

I use PMPC to update software silently in a small home office network, and it has been working perfectly for the last two years I've used it, however it's come to my attention that the updating is no longer working in the latest version (4.1.0.5) and although the logs say that software is being installed, it's not..

The logs seem to loop and the connection is never being initiated..

4.1.0.1 always worked fine.

Any ideas?

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Can you delete "HKLM\Software\Patch My PC" key and see if it works?

britton

The executable is located on a server that multiple PC access to pull the software down, would it be the key on the server or each PC?

britton

I've tried this on 2x 2019 Standard servers and 2x Windows 10 Pro devices - this hasn't helped.

Any advice? Could do with getting this back up and running as soon as possible.

Are you using an INI file for automation?

britton

Do you have a folder defined there that doesn't exist on the machines you are running on?

britton

Originally yes, however since recreating the INI I chose to no longer cache downloads.
If you're referring to the registry, the path is correct in the key I deleted.

toni

I had the same issue with blank screen after pressing the perform button since a long time - last test today with current version 4.2.0.1.
In my case the Cache folder on z:\win is on remote network share \\server\download and i start PatchMyPC from a none admin account.
To solve this problem i start first a cmd with admin right. net use show that cache location is not available.
Just solved this by using "net use z: \\server\download" and start PatchMyPC from this command line.
And now PatchMyPC running well :)