• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Issues installing PhraseExpress

Started by Kyle Schuh, February 09, 2023, 11:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyle Schuh

Hi,

I am from Wolters Kluwer and I am having issues installing the app Phrase Express in my environment.

Looking at the logs the install seems to fail with the following log in the intunemanagementextension log:

[10:59 AM] Schuh, Kyle
GetRegistryValue encountered an exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Microsoft.Management.Services.IntuneWindowsAgent.AgentCommon.RegistryHelper.GetRegistryValue(String key, String valueName, String defaultValue, Boolean check32BitOn64)

This has been the case on all the devices we have attempted to install the app onto. Can this please be looked at? Let me know if anything else is needed.

Spencer (Patch My PC)

Hey Kyle,

Thanks for reaching out here! For this issue we'll need to look at some of the log files. Can you please source the following client side logs from one of the failing clients. You can send the logs to [email protected] and we can assist further!

When troubleshooting Intune application installation errors on a client, we will need multiple client logs. Please include the following logs:

%ProgramData%\PatchMyPCIntuneLogs\PatchMyPC-ScriptRunner.log
  This may be found in the %ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\ if the Install was initiated by the user from Company Portal.

%ProgramData%\PatchMyPCIntuneLogs\PatchMyPC-SoftwareDetectionScript.log

%ProgramData%\PatchMyPCIntuneLogs\PatchMyPC-SoftwareUpdateDetectionScript.log

%ProgramData%\Microsoft\IntuneManagementExtension\Logs\AgentExecutor.log

%ProgramData%\Microsoft\IntuneManagementExtension\Logs\IntuneManagementExtension.log

%ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\PatchMyPC-UserNotification.log

%ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\UISettings\UINotificationSettings.xml

Note: Some Patch My PC log files listed above may be found in %WinDir%\CCM folder if that folder exists.

Thanks,

Spencer Cruz

Kyle Schuh

Hi thanks for the response. I have a log file that I can send over so I will use the email address. Thank you!