• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Java update issues

Started by Eric (Patch My PC), February 22, 2013, 08:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric (Patch My PC)

I have noticed for awhile now that Java is not always getting updated properly, Patch My PC will detect and out of date Java, successfully download it and attempt to install the new version. Unfortunately, like I said, it fails quite a bit of the time. To combat this issue, I go in and uninstall Java and then re-install it with Patch My PC.
Seems to happen for both 32 & 64-bit.

I have noticed this issue in the past with a batch file I used to use to update my programs with; I would first have t uninstall it with the proper msiexec string and then install the new one, however this only started with Java 7 and with 64-bit only. Oddly enough, installing any Java 64-bit version that is already installed of that version tends to make matters worse.

Eric (Patch My PC)

Looking at the log file I see

Verifying Java Download URL And Size
Successfully Verified Java Download URL And Size
Downloading Java Update 30.2 MB
Java Downloaded Successfully
Installing Java Please Wait
Java Failed to start installation
Update Failed Exit Code 1619

bbedeaux

Having the same issue here. Running dMaintenance on about 50 computers and about 15 of them fail the Java install every week.
Manually installed Java but it failed again the next time. It has also failed on the download before.

Verifying Java Download URL And Size
Successfully Verified Java Download URL And Size
Downloading Java Update (30.25 MB)
Java Downloaded Successfully
Installing Java Please Wait
Update Failed Exit Code 1619

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Do you have any Java runtimes open during the install? 1619 is a MSI error code that = This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package.

cureerp

The latest Java update is 7 update 51.  Patchmypc is showing 7 update 45, even after updating. 

Is this a glitch on my end?

Thanks,

rpc

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

No we are working on getting this up to date.