• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Adobe Shockwave update completes but still shows update neeeded

Started by jlconrod, January 06, 2015, 01:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlconrod

Thanks to a ZDNet blog post I discovered PatchMyPC and downloaded your useful utility. As a retired IT Pro I'm very aware of the importance of update management and keeping program versions current. Since DOS days these update tasks have been very time consuming and patch management a serious consideration.

After just a single use, your utility looks like a big step toward fulfilling that need. It found several rarely used programs that needed updates. PatchMyPC updated about a dozen programs successfully.

However, I encountered a problem with updating Adobe Shockwave 12.1.5.155. PatchMyPC reported a successful install with an Exit Code 0. Immediately after completing the Shockwave update, PatchMyPC reported one application update -- Shockwave 12.1.5.155!

A possible second issue is after I cancel the update for Shockwave, Cancellation pending seems to go into an infinite loop and does not complete.

I will reboot my PC and try again.

FYI: Windows 8.1 x64 running Desktop Mode using Startdock Start8. PatchMyPC version 3.0.0.2.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

jlconrod

I found a workaround for the Shockwave update issue.

After a reboot PatchMyPC still reported Shockwave 12.1.5.155 needed update. Re-running the update still did not resolve the issue, nor did Recheck Software.

I manually went to Adobe's Shockwave download page and installed the update successfully. After closing Internet Explorer 11, PatchMyPC still listed Shockwave. I switched to the PatchMyPC Uninstalleer tab and discovered two listings for Shockwave 12.1: build 153 and 155. I used the PatchMyPC uninstaller on build 153,

When I re-ran Recheck Software the report finally showed all apps up-to-date, including Shockwave.  ;D  8)

Hope this helps. Thanks for a great free tool!