• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Check two, one updates

Started by highstream, August 28, 2018, 07:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

highstream

I have three programs that show updates available and I check two of them on the left for updating, and down below it shows that two will be updated, invariably only one is. The other is now unchecked and has to be checked again to update.  This is happened several times with this version, but tonight I finally watched to be sure that I was really happening. Version 4.1.0.0 and Win 10 Pro x64. Am I missing something?

Omar (Patch My PC)

highstream

The programs vary. I've attached an example, two screenshots, of two programs needing updates checked, but afterwards only one was updated and the other is now unchecked. This happens every time when there are two or more, no matter which programs are involved.

The other thing I'm unclear about is why I have to check items on the left, i.e., why I can't just use Perform updates box at the bottom right. I was using that alone until I decided not to update one program for awhile (now updated). Since then, I've always had to check items on the left, which exposed the issue I'm raising with this post.

highstream

Today I show three updates called for, but they don't run directly from the main software screen, lower right, like they used to. I still have to check them individually from the list on the left. So I check all three and three show as being updated (lower right). However, update/install stops after the first and the other two are now unchecked. And then again after the second. Am I the only one seeing this?

Omar (Patch My PC)

Make sure to Uncheck "Disable Auto Updating Of All Apps" from options, then restart Patch My PC and let me know if this fixed everything

highstream

Thanks. That did solve the problem I've been reporting (although the program couldn't find the Audacity update, although it was available via the program). That item uses the term "auto update" in a very unusual way, one whose meaning in Patch I would never have guessed had you not suggested unchecking it.

JohnWick7

highstream

Just now, three programs showed the need to update in the right panel in red - Vivaldi, PDF X-Change Editor and Ccleaner. Up top it showed 35 of 38 up to date. However, down at the bottom right it showed only two items to update. I pressed that and only two updated, leaving Ccleaner. A rescan showed everything up to date on the right side, but Ccleaner still in red on the left, under Utilities. I checked that and ran it, and the update was successful. That's not the way the program normally works. Version 4.1.0.1, Win 10 Pro x64 (1803).

Omar (Patch My PC)

You probably have downloaded CCleaner Portable before and removed it, please right click on CCleaner Portable and select "Reset Portable App's Stats". It should fix the problem.

highstream

No, that's not it. Haven't installed portable and it's not in the utilities list.

Omar (Patch My PC)

The CCleaner portable is under portable group (last group), Please right click on CCleaner Portable and select "Reset Portable App's Stats" and let me know if it fixed the problem or not.

highstream

Omar (Patch My PC)

adamlew