• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

GoodSync 10.11.6.7 issue

Started by BobS, April 24, 2020, 12:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobS

Two years ago, we had an issue with GoodSync where it erroneously installed on systems that didn't have an existing version of the application. Essentially, it was an unintended deployment. We're now dealing with the same issue with GoodSync 10.11.6.7, and we're in the process of removing it from the 400+ systems. At this point going forward, we're 'blacklisting' the app updates for all versions of GoodSync and publishing them as metadata only. What is the source of this issue? Since this is the second time with this app, is it the app publisher that is the issue?

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Hey Bob,

Here's the logic for Goodsync. It would only be applicable if Goodsync files existed in program files for the software update:

Maybe it was deployed using an application?

Quote from: BobS on April 24, 2020, 12:36:49 PM
Two years ago, we had an issue with GoodSync where it erroneously installed on systems that didn't have an existing version of the application. Essentially, it was an unintended deployment. We're now dealing with the same issue with GoodSync 10.11.6.7, and we're in the process of removing it from the 400+ systems. At this point going forward, we're 'blacklisting' the app updates for all versions of GoodSync and publishing them as metadata only. What is the source of this issue? Since this is the second time with this app, is it the app publisher that is the issue?

BobS

Mine looks like this. And, I see that an earlier version was published more recently.

Hey Bob,

I think I remember this in the past. This appears to be a SCUP bug. Our rules are not MSI only I would recommend reaching out to Microsoft on this issue. Our update always had the Program Files rules included.

BobS

And, this:

These rules aren't correct, here's a direct view from the catalog schema for this update. The only variable would be a possible SCUP issue in the import that lost some of our rules.

Quote from: BobS on April 24, 2020, 02:54:07 PM
And, this: