• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Option where to save patches, use current patches

Started by sp181, February 09, 2015, 07:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sp181

Nice program and it makes patching so much easier. Would saving patches to a certain shared directory then using those same patches on another computer in the network be considered?

This way the file only has to be downloaded once and all computers could use the same downloaded file. A version check of the patches might be required if it's not already doing so. This would also be very helpful for windows updates.

I think windows update requires the patches to be in windows\system32\Software Distribution\Downloads. In that case the initial update could move the updates to the save location then use links, junction.exe might come in handy here.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Thanks for the suggestion we will see what we can do for allowing a local repository.

Omar (Patch My PC)

We are proud to announce that we just released v3.1.0.0 of Patch My PC that features this option :)
It's called "IT Pro Caching Mode" and you can change the location of cache folder for installers to anywhere you like :)
Also installers won't get deleted and if the current downloaded installer has the same last version that in Patch My PC then Patch My PC will not download them again and it will just start installing them from cache instead :)