• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

TeamViewer Host vs Client

Started by joeOPD, February 24, 2022, 03:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeOPD

I have a set group of staff that use the full client but most machines use the host.  The issue is that the host is trying to install on machines that have the full client and modifying their install.  Is there a way I can have the full client users not receive the host update?

Ben Reader (Patch My PC)

Hi Joe,

Just make sure to only deploy the full client to specific users/devices that need it, and then with the host deployment, make sure to exclude that group.

As an example, imagine this scenario for Intune:

• TeamViewer Full Client is packaged and deployed as REQUIRED to security group "A" - this group contains your key IT staff members (or their devices).
  • TeamViewer Host is packaged and deployed as REQUIRED to security group "B" - this group contains ALL users (or their devices). We will also add an EXCLUDE assignment and set it to security group "A".

This way, everyone gets exactly what they need and the IT staff are excluded from incorrect update deployments.

Pretty common issue - depending on which management tool you are using will change HOW you implement the fix, but functionally it's the same for both ConfigMgr / Intune.