• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Enterprise Plus - SCCM + Intune?

Started by korebreach, June 17, 2022, 07:56:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

korebreach

We have an Enterprise Plus subscription, and have had it for a couple of years.  Up until now, we have only been using the "SCCM side" of PMPC.  However, we are transitioning to a co-managed (SCCM+Intune) environment.  For the near future, we are not going to be moving the Software Updates workload (Windows Update for Business Policy) to Intune (for most of production workstations).  That will stay on SCCM.  We do, however, want to start testing the Intune functionality in PMPC with a small number of workstations where we have moved the Software Updates workload to Intune.

I started looking for the documentation for configuring PMPC to do Intune Applications and Intune Updates.  However, the documentation sections appear to be for "SCCM only" and for "Intune only".  The Intune section says right at the top that it is for an "Intune-only" environment.  We're not Intune-only, and probably won't be for many more years.

Where is the documentation for setting up the Intune functionality for a SCCM+Intune environment?  Is this possible, or do I have to choose one or the other?  Do I use the Intune-only documentation for SCCM+Intune?

Jake Shackelford (Patch My PC)

It will work both ways. You essentially skip the first initial install documentation pieces for Intune and move onto the next steps. So yes you can use the Intune Only documentation for SCCM+Intune.

Ultimately it's going to depend on how you have Co-Management enabled on how things function. The application slider for co-management works differently than all the other sliders. You can move that slider over to Intune and still get applications from ConfigMgr with the added benefit of being able to push them from intune as well.

If you'd like you can schedule a setup call on our website and we can help you get this going as well. https://patchmypc.com/schedule-setup-call

korebreach

Our change control is so difficult to navigate that having a setup meeting would be difficult.  I'll have a go at it from the documentation as soon as I can get it authorized.  I'll let you know if that changes, or if I get stuck and need additional help :)  Thanks for the info on the documentation!

Oh, and to avoid confusion between which platform (SCCM side or Intune side) is responsible for the 3rd party updates, I have configured the SCCM side to remove the group of workstations from SCCM PMPC patching when moved to our Intune testing group.  That way, I can know for sure that the Intune side is working!

Jake Shackelford (Patch My PC)

Fantastic! If you need any help along the way please let us know!