• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

The certificate hasn't been tested, because WSUS publishing is disable

Started by deilsoncso, January 18, 2022, 07:30:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deilsoncso

I created an SCCM lab to test PMP and I used the PMP youtube video as a reference on how to set up an SCCM lab, but now I'm trying to test PMP and in the PMP Publishing Settings software in the "Certificate Management" field the "show certificate, export certificate, import certificate and generate a certificate" are inactive because it says WSUS publishing is disabled Did I do something wrong in setting up the SCCM lab?

Edit: even enabling third-party update in site components and having generated the certificate after forcing the software update.

Jake Shackelford (Patch My PC)

Have you restarted the box by chance? Just to make sure any services finish/restart that could clear anything up?

deilsoncso

deilsoncso

Quote from: Jake Shackelford (Patch My PC) on January 18, 2022, 07:53:05 AM
Have you restarted the box by chance? Just to make sure any services finish/restart that could clear anything up?

Without success, I took advantage and put some attachments showing that the initial part of the "how to" of PMP was successful, but something is not working.

Note: during the creation of the PMP lab, I remember that there is a step to configure SCCM to work under HTTPS instead of traditional HTTP, in this case is the procedure different?

I can't believe I didn't notice but you actually only have Intune enabled... to fix this go to the intune apps tab and select options. Uncheck the bottom two checkboxes. This should resolve that issue.

deilsoncso

Quote from: Jake Shackelford (Patch My PC) on January 18, 2022, 08:59:13 AM
I can't believe I didn't notice but you actually only have Intune enabled... to fix this go to the intune apps tab and select options. Uncheck the bottom two checkboxes. This should resolve that issue.

That's the problem, I don't have intune in my lab, and in this tab, you need to configure the intune tenant. Checking here the license I have is the trial, which is different from the 30 days full access. Do you believe this is it? because I filled in the fields correctly requesting full access to test

You should be able to set the following regardless of licensing.

deilsoncso

Quote from: Jake Shackelford (Patch My PC) on January 18, 2022, 10:26:26 AM
You should be able to set the following regardless of licensing.

It really worked, thanks a lot, I figured it was something else to disable. I found it curious because this option was enabled by default, but I'm glad it solved and now I can continue the tests. once again thank you very much for your help!

Anytime! Most likely during the installation the Intune Standalone option was enabled! Don't hesitate to reach out if you run into issues!

deilsoncso

Quote from: Jake Shackelford (Patch My PC) on January 18, 2022, 10:30:40 AM
Anytime! Most likely during the installation the Intune Standalone option was enabled! Don't hesitate to reach out if you run into issues!

Yes, I actually left it enabled by accident, I apologize for that!

matthew.dupreez

I am having the same issue.. However, during initial installation I made sure the 'Intune standalone' option was not enabled, I reinstalled to make sure, so the solution that helped OP does not apply to me.

Any other troubleshooting I can try?