• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

DisplayLink 11.2.3337.0 (x64)

Started by AdriaAdell, November 09, 2023, 02:28:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdriaAdell

Hello, the deployment of update "DisplayLink 11.2.3337.0 (x64)" is ending with error 0x87D00324(-2016410844).

Can you revise the detection method? The software seems to be installed but the compĆ¹ter is rebooting several times by Software Center (MCM).

Previously, the computers have the "DisplayLink 11.1.2757.0 (x64)" installed, also form PMPC.

Thank you.

AdriaAdell

I have seen the installed version in a computer is 11.2.3146.0, the version is not equal as software title (11.2.3337.0), maybe the detection is looking for wrong version.

Adam Cook (Patch My PC)

May you right click on the product in the Patch My PC Publisher, and choose the option to 'Recreate detection script' then sync the Patch My PC Publisher - once sync is complete, is the detection logic now correct?

AdriaAdell

Hello Adam, we are using Third-Party Software Update Catalogs in Microsoft Configuration Mananger.

I think we can't do that. Should I sync the PMPC catalog?

There's a way to see the detection methods of your updates?

Adam Cook (Patch My PC)

Out of curiosity, why are you using the in-console publishing? It's inferior with fewer customisation and automation benefits compared to the Patch My PC Publisher software.

AdriaAdell

I have synchronized the Catalog and I have seen there was an update to "DisplayLink 11.2.3146.0 Rev1 (x64)", from 3rd November. I'm going to check it.

Adam Cook (Patch My PC)

Yes, this Rev 1 update contains improved detection logic. Moving forward, it is recommended you consider using the Patch My PC Publisher software.

AdriaAdell

Quote from: Adam Cook (Patch My PC) on November 09, 2023, 04:37:14 AMYes, this Rev 1 update contains improved detection logic. Moving forward, it is recommended you consider using the Patch My PC Publisher software.
Ok, thank you. I'll check documentation about PMPC Publisher.