• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Request to add Citrix Files

Started by JoerySassen, February 15, 2019, 02:20:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoerySassen

Dear,

We would like to add the Citrix Files to the catalog, as our users are frequently confronted with update messages, which sometimes failes, with the result that our 700 users cannot access their documents.

https://www.citrix.nl/downloads/sharefile/clients-and-plug-ins/citrix-files-for-windows.html

Many thanks!

Joery

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Do you have a previous version we can use for testing?

JoerySassen

The current version on the website of Citrix Files works fine, but sometimes it happens that Citrix deploys a new version, which does not work in our environment. A few days later they deploy a newer version which solves the problems. But users are getting the 'Hey, there is a new version, do you want to update now' message and then we at IT are overloaded with problems.

It would greatly help if we could deploy 'Citrix Files' via WSUS/PatchMyPC so we can deploy it first to a test-group before rolling it out to all other end-users.

Do you have an older version of the installer you could send us so we can test the upgrade in our labs?

JoerySassen

The problem is not in the update process itself, but in the release-version. Sometimes they release a version which does not work properly. Therefore we would like to have the deployment controlled via WSUS. I do have an older version available, but I don't think that is relevant in this case.

But to be clear.. the version which is now available on the Citrix website works fine.

Quote from: JoerySassen on February 15, 2019, 08:05:46 AM
The problem is not in the update process itself, but in the release-version. Sometimes they release a version which does not work properly. Therefore we would like to have the deployment controlled via WSUS. I do have an older version available, but I don't think that is relevant in this case.

But to be clear.. the version which is now available on the Citrix website works fine.

Hey,

In order for us to create an update for the latest version of Citrix Files 4.5.30.0, we would need to install an older version of the product in our lab to test the upgrade and detection logic for the new/current version of the product (4.5.30.0). I don't see an option on the Citrix Website to download previous versions. If we don't get a previous build, we will need to wait until the next version is released then we can use version 4.5.30.0 to test the upgrade to the new version.

JoerySassen

Omar (Patch My PC)

It has been added in today's catalog update :)

JoerySassen

Hi Omar,

That is fantastic news! I directly checked our WSUS and it appeared without any issues!

Many many thanks to all of you,

Joery

Omar (Patch My PC)