• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

TeraCopy 3.8.5 incorrectly flagged as outdated

Started by Trade47, July 17, 2021, 06:04:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trade47

I have the latest 64-bit version 3.8.5 of TeraCopy installed in Windows 10. I do not have any other versions of TeraCopy (32-bit, 64-bit or portable). When I run PatchMyPC, it flags TeraCopy 3.8.5 as outdated, then after "Perform 1 Update", reports:
Downloading TeraCopy 3.8.5 (8.78 MB)
TeraCopy 3.8.5 Downloaded Successfully
Silently install TeraCopy 3.8.5
Install Complete Exit Code -536870911

Other users also have this problem
https://patchmypc.com/forum/index.php?topic=4747.0

MrFroggy75

I've created an user account to this forum just to report this issue.

cabele

I have the same issue.

I've had 3.8.5 installed for weeks, and every time I run PatchMyPC it wants to update it. Today I completely uninstalled TeraCopy and rebooted. Running PatchMyPC then shows nothing out of date. Then I install the TeraCopy 3.8.5 that PatchMyPC downloaded earlier, and when I run PatchMyPC again it says that TeraCopy need to be updated.

pleiades777

toineenzo

Got the same proble. Have the latest version of teracopy installed, which is 3.8.5 right now. For some reason Patch my pc shows 2 teracopy installations, one without a versionumber and the other 3.8.2. When i update, it says it's downloading 3.8.2 and after instaling it says teracopy can't be found. See pic attached

clydeu

Same here. I finally made an account here to report this. I think this started back in June.

Here's what it shows:

Downloading TeraCopy 3.8.5 (8.78 MB)
TeraCopy 3.8.5 Downloaded Successfully
Silently install TeraCopy 3.8.5
Install Complete Exit Code -536870911

I went so far as to uninstall teracopy and reinstall it, but patchmypc still insists it's out of date (and curiously shows no version)

Chucky

Same problem. If it helps the Devs, I installed TeraCopy 3.8.5 manually and not through Patch My PC.

brandonwan

Same problem in the detection issue on TeraCopy. That is an error message that will come out in the TeraCopy when you start silently installing. Also, it won't change the TeraCopy after you update it. I just ran it on windows 7.

Spleendrivel

Same problem as others with Teracopy 3.8.5.  And just like others I completely removed and reinstalled.

Omar (Patch My PC)

Sorry for the late reply and the late fix for this, can you guys try the new update of Patch My PC (4.2.0.5) and let us know if this problem still exist?

john22