• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

audacity update on windows 7 bug

Started by miskomisko, January 28, 2022, 01:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

miskomisko

when updating audacity from patchmypc on windows 7 32bit and then execute it shows errog that 64bit version.... so i uninstalled audacity and
i have donwloaded 32bit version audacity from official page, installed and error message about 32bit and 64bit is still there. after investigating i noticed that even they have 32bit version of audacity there version 3.xxx it only works on windows 10 and newer. on windows 7 they suggester version 2.3.3. so patchmypc home downloaded that 3.xx and thats why it does not work. if patchmypc detects windows version, it would be good to download only that 2.33 for windows 7 32bit and 3.xx for windows 10 and above

Adam Cook (Patch My PC)

Windows 7 is out of support, I recommend upgrading your OS to maintain supportability with third party vendor software.

miskomisko

i  use win 10 now. this was my friendĀ“s very old pc, he is pensioner, his pc uses old graphics card nvidia 7000 LE and thats not fully working driver for that, so he uses windows 7 and does not plan to upgrade because it works for him. so if patchmypc does not support windows 7, he will stop using it. its ok. thanks for reply.

Omar (Patch My PC)

Patch My PC itself will become x64 only soon, and we are thinking about making it work on Windows 10 & 11 only too since many of the applications aren't supported on 7 anymore and most of them will be discontinued on 7 and 8.1 next year when the extended paid support of Windows 7/8.1 ends after Jan 2023.
It's very dangerous to use a discontinued OS like Windows 7 nowadays.