• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Patch My PC Home Updater: Command-Lines, Silent-Switches And More Info

Started by Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC), August 20, 2011, 09:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeZmeriZe

Weird..

I've got the following batch script:

@echo off
c:\windows\regedit -S C:\BIZ\patchmyPC.reg
C:\BIZ\PatchMyPC.exe /s

The reg inport is just the ignored apps..  that works fine... but running it with /s puts patchmypc into the task bar,  but doesn't seem to update anything so I swapped to a hidden window with /auto which works, but only for the common apps that I can see.   Clients are win7 64bit. Tested with all apps closed so it wasn't waiting for anything.  when you go into the taskbar icon and open it it still shows all the apps that need updating.

any idea what could be causing /s not to work in win7?

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

gerald.brann

It's now 4/25/2016 - and the exact same issue with /s.. it opens the program in the notification area (meaning minimized) yet does not automatically install patches as it should. It also doesn't automatically close the application once updates happen, as it should via a command line script.

Any ideas here?

GillesDelcourt

Quote from: Patch My PC Support on April 27, 2012, 10:53:04 AM
Hey in version 2.1.1 and above there will be a switch too apply all common updates (Even if their not installed) if a common update is marked as skipped the update won't be installed though.

The command line argument will be /applyallcommon

Hello

I cannot get this  /applyallcommon switch to work  :( Is it still supported ?

Regards

Omar (Patch My PC)

Quote from: GillesDelcourt on December 09, 2016, 08:50:00 AM
Quote from: Patch My PC Support on April 27, 2012, 10:53:04 AM
Hey in version 2.1.1 and above there will be a switch too apply all common updates (Even if their not installed) if a common update is marked as skipped the update won't be installed though.

The command line argument will be /applyallcommon

Hello

I cannot get this  /applyallcommon switch to work  :( Is it still supported ?

Regards

No, this was in the past when we had a "Common" group for the most common apps and "Others" group for the rest of the apps, It's not supported anymore.

Noa

Quote from: Justin Chalfant on August 20, 2011, 09:06:29 PM
Please see: https://patchmypc.net/faq-free-updater for the most up to date information.

The /auto switch - This switch will allow the current logged user to see the Patch My PC GUI. The update process will started automatically. If browsers are open Patch My PC will notify user in the log textbox browsers need to be closed before updates can continue.   

The /s switch - This switch will run Patch My PC in hidden in the background. If browsers are open it will recheck every ten seconds until browsers are closed then continue with the install.

Examples:

PatchMyPC.exe /s (Will run any needed updates automatically with no graphical interface).
PatchMyPC.exe /auto (Will run any needed updates automatically with a graphical interface).

thank you very much your information was helpful for me may God you have a lot of information i checked your link which is mention above, awesome information

cattivik39

Hy, i'm new member and sorry for my question  ::) but

It is possible from the command line in silent mode to exclude any programs from the update ?
Thank's for reply  ;)
Gianluca F.
from Italy

[email protected]

+1 to the question above.

I want to know if the PatchmyPC.ini file can exclude a software(for eg teamviewer ) from getting updated automatically. Ideally i dont want patch My PC to scan Teamviewer or update it. Rest of all softwares can be updated without issues. Is this possible?

I do not want to enable "Disable Auto updating of all apps" , since i want all the softwares to be updated automatically EXCEPT teamviewer. What to do?

Omar (Patch My PC)

Quote from: [email protected] on September 30, 2018, 07:02:11 PM
+1 to the question above.

I want to know if the PatchmyPC.ini file can exclude a software(for eg teamviewer ) from getting updated automatically. Ideally i dont want patch My PC to scan Teamviewer or update it. Rest of all softwares can be updated without issues. Is this possible?

I do not want to enable "Disable Auto updating of all apps" , since i want all the softwares to be updated automatically EXCEPT teamviewer. What to do?

You can right-click on any app and choose to disable scanning or disable auto update for this app.

fullformlist

Thanks for providing this excellent platform. Nowadays, Laptops are preferred over desktops because of portability. There are so many good laptops available. But for gaming, only a few are capable to run heavy games. Therefore the best gaming laptop should be considered for heavy games

S.Gupta

miek_g

is there a way to set the log file location in the ini file?
#edit#
I have the scheduled task running PMPC is located in ProgramFiles\PMPC\ and I would like the logfile to go to either c:\logs

MerlinTheGreat

You can change the log location in the options part of PMPC.
Just click on the foldername under "Logging Options" and select a new folder location.

ChuckM6421

Quote from: Omar (Patch My PC) on October 01, 2018, 03:16:03 AM
Quote from: [email protected] on September 30, 2018, 07:02:11 PM+1 to the question above.

You can right-click on any app and choose to disable scanning or disable auto update for this app.

Thank you very much for putting this software out there. I also maintain a couple seniors' pcs and constantly chasing updates is very time-consuming. I'm recently retired from a 24 year technical career in IT and one thing I've taken from that time is that outdated software is one of the biggest threats to an enterprise, or to an individual's online presence.

Anyway, I also need to stop one of my apps from being updated. I run an app called "Handbrake" on Windows 7 and past my current version (not the latest) it's not supported. And every time PmPC tries to update it and throws an error. Yet I cannot right click on it either in the main listing, nor the Options panel. Most other apps listed I can see the menu you refer to. But it seems like the Handbrake entry is frozen, can't check/uncheck it's box either. FWIW, the text looks green (I'm slightly color impaired but I think it's green.
Any advice?

MerlinTheGreat

@ChuckM6421
Normally it should be possible to rightclick and choose to not scan, autoupdate or silentinstall the app.
I don't know of an option to exclude an app via the ini file.
I don't even know where PatchMyPC keeps the settings for the rightclick options...

It might be handy though to have the option of excluding apps via the ini file.
Maybe by putting an exclamation mark in front of the app, just like the semicolon to not autoselect the app.
The exclamation mark is used in IT to NOT do/include some action, so it might be used NOT to install/scan for the app it is placed in front of.
That is a very easy thing to implement in PatchMyPC. Hint, hint, hint...  ;)

MerlinTheGreat

@ChuckM6421

I found it!
In the registry there is this item:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Patch My PC\Options

In here you can find the options to exclude apps.
To disable the update of Handbrake you shoudl put the following in there:
Value: DisableAutoCheck_Chk_HandBrake Type: REG_SZ Data: 1
You could also add the following:
Value: Skip_Chk_HandBrake Type: REG_SZ Data: 1
and even:
Value: Manual_Install_Chk_HandBrake Type: REG_SZ Data: 1
This way Handbrake will be completely omitted from installing/updating

The reg file would look like this if you want to import these settings in the registry:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Patch My PC\Options]
"Skip_Chk_HandBrake"="1"
"DisableAutoCheck_Chk_HandBrake"="1"
"Manual_Install_Chk_HandBrake"="1"