• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Remote Desktop Connection Manager is detected twice

Started by Kelemvor, April 10, 2018, 10:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelemvor

I ran PMPC today and found this on one of my machines.  For some reason it is listing RDCMan twice.  One shows as out of date and the other as current.  When I check add/remove programs, it only shows the current one.  Not sure what it's detecting as the out of date one but just thought I'd post this in case it's something someone wants to look into.  Let me know if I can provide any other information.

Thanks.

Omar (Patch My PC)

Can you export the installed apps from Uninstall tab and send us the file? it should help us detect the cause of the problem.

Kelemvor

Here's the two lines for RDCMan

Remote Desktop Connection Manager,2.2.0423,Microsoft Corporation,MsiExec.exe /I{173A2B7F-535A-4403-A454-B41531EF0D7F},03/27/2013,
Remote Desktop Connection Manager,2.7.14060,Microsoft Corporation,MsiExec.exe /X{0240359E-6A4C-4884-9E94-B397A02D893C},12/22/2014,

Omar (Patch My PC)

But you don't have Remote Desktop Connection Manager v2.2.0423 installed?

Kelemvor

It's not listed in the standard "Uninstall or change a program" window.  Unless maybe there's a file somewhere so it thinks it's installed.

When I type it into the Start screen it only finds one instance which is the v2.7 version.

Not a big deal, just strange...

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Look in the uninstall tab in Patch My PC. It's a leftover entry in the registry. You can choose to delete it in the uninstall tab in patch my pc.